LOGIN | REGISTER

tropical storm kyle

should the Carolina coast see anything good sent our way with this system on its way up?

Images
    Yes, but OBX will be much bigger. southern NC wont get nearly as much swell as the outer banks. looking good there this weekend. hopefully it wont be too big on Saturday, where it is breaking too far out and unmanageable.

This damn storm just screwed my whole weekend. I was planing to drive to Wilmington and catch some good longboard surf. Looks like I'll be sitting my ass here in Greenville instead.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eclipse13 View Post
    This damn storm just screwed my whole weekend. I was planing to drive to Wilmington and catch some good longboard surf. Looks like I'll be sitting my ass here in Greenville instead.
    i dont understand... it shouldnt be that big on sunday... could be fun for the longboard.

Images
    Is kyle supposed to strengthen as it moves up the coast?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ecoastprock View Post
    Is kyle supposed to strengthen as it moves up the coast?
    check out the Swellinfo Hurricane Center for path and intensity forecast:

Here is the track for Tropical Storm Kyle. NHC is predicting a cat 1 status by Saturday:

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    check out the Swellinfo Hurricane Center for path and intensity forecast:

Here is the track for Tropical Storm Kyle. NHC is predicting a cat 1 status by Saturday:

looking at the maps it wont get that big but good for a log or a shortboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    i dont understand... it shouldnt be that big on sunday... could be fun for the longboard.
    It is making the wind not quite ideal for conditions. If I was there I'd go, but it isn't worth the gas and 2 hour drive (in a car with no radio and no cruise) for rough, drifty surf.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eclipse13 View Post
    It is making the wind not quite ideal for conditions. If I was there I'd go, but it isn't worth the gas and 2 hour drive (in a car with no radio and no cruise) for rough, drifty surf.
    gotcha. The winds are looking pretty light for Sunday morning, but its hard to say for sure at this point. Keep an eye on the forecast updates, but I think you could get some fun ones Sunday morning.