LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wave Snobs

Images
    I love just to be out there too. Lets put it this way" if the ocean had a hole"

yeah rebel4liberty, ive been to hermosa twice and both times i saw totally out of control days where i almost drowned, but it only left me wanting more. and i agree mr swellinfo guy. the best part is charging with your buddies, but i dont have any buddies that charge, and im on a restricted liscence for 4 and a half more months, so i have to take what i can get as far as who i surf with. anyways lucky for me my wife doesnt mind driving me to go surf, but she works a lot and she cant just take off like i do when the surf is good. but shes taking me down to rodanthe tomorow to hopefully get some good waves so i cant complain. ill be down there till sunday so someone give me a shout if your gonna be down in OBX.

sriversk8r Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    Build one of these...I'm in the process right now

what is that??

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sriversk8r View Post
    what is that??
    Tow-at machine.

a jetski for fishermans island is sick!!

yo windswellsux why dont you come with me to fishermans next time theres swell?

Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    Build one of these...I'm in the process right now

If that is what I think it is, It pulls you into waves. But how do you control it?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidOlya View Post
    If that is what I think it is, It pulls you into waves. But how do you control it?

its basically a fast winch...you set it on the jetty and pull the surfer down the lineup and launch off the waves. I watched guys doing this on the santa barbara harbor jetty last year and to be honest it looked fun. it would be perfect at north side IRI...you could get air on the jetty peak and clothesline a kook longboarder all at the same time.

The good thing about wave snobs

Its true that everyone hates them... but when they get kicked out of the water and told never to come the f*** back, then its really awesome.

Ten guys ganged up on this jackass and i was standing on the beach with a couple guys and the wave snob (wont say any names) came storming out of the water saying how much of assholes they were. next time dont drop in on everyone!! thanks

Thumbs up

next time i have some free time im trying to do some tow in surfing . i have a bit of distance to travel, but would be down to make the drive sometime. nj-->va362 mi about 6 hours 16 mins.