LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Wave Height Definition

I know there is no small amount of controversy about wave height. One guy's six foot wave is four feet to another guy. Chest high for some of us is overhead for others.

Can we all agree this wave from this morning in downtown Ocean City Maryland, was head high?

nah like shoulder, cuz the part of the wave he's at looks considerably taller than the rest of the wave. But does it really matter? it looks fun either way.

Images
    thats pretty funny.

Images
    I'd say chest-head.
    1, hes not at the bottom of the wave, close but about 1/2'-1' up.
    2, the wave already broke, so it was higher at one point.
    3, its over his head... but he is bending and at an angle.

Quote Originally Posted by fatoldguy View Post
    I know there is no small amount of controversy about wave height. One guy's six foot wave is four feet to another guy. Chest high for some of us is overhead for others.

Can we all agree this wave from this morning in downtown Ocean City Maryland, was head high?

thats a funny shot, and looks like maybe it was bigger before it closed out, but no one i know would call that wave over chest high..

most people i know would call the wave below head high. this reason being its overhead on the drop, but probably will be only chest high by the time he gets a chance to do a turn or two. So kind of the wave is head high overall.

Last edited by South Bethany; Sep 29, 2008 at 12:43 PM.

Guys, guys, guys.

The thread title was a joke, just to set up the picture, which I thought was funny.

Take it easy fellas, no one is arguing about the size of the wave.

Quote Originally Posted by fatoldguy View Post
    Guys, guys, guys.

The thread title was a joke, just to set up the picture, which I thought was funny.

Take it easy fellas, no one is arguing about the size of the wave.
    Not sure what was funnier, the thread/pic or the fact that people took it seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by El Porto View Post
    Not sure what was funnier, the thread/pic or the fact that people took it seriously.
    Both were equal. That was a clever way to introduce the guy getting ax'd.

Images
    I still don't understand what he is doing... trying to bail over the lip? or just being an idiot? LOL

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rgnsup View Post
    I still don't understand what he is doing... trying to bail over the lip? or just being an idiot? LOL
    Looks like he's claiming the head smack.