LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Thank you

Thank you

I just wanted to say thank you to all that were out riding with me this weekend in NJ. All the pretentious b/s was put aside for some sick surf and everyone really stepped it up. Boogie boarders, long boarders and shorties were all out there representing.

The rules of the lineup, courtesy and respect was given (yes, the long boarders actually shared the waves and the boogie boarders didnít drop in on anyone, and the shorties didnít travel in their herds for wave domination, and that guy thatís always *****ing at everyone because it was their fault he didnít catch that wave, even though he just missed it and canít suck it upÖwasnít there) so no one got wrecked in the (up to 4x) overhead sets I saw roll through, and got a little piece of.

That paddle out couldnít of been any harder and that current treadmill paddle to stay in the spot was brutal, but young to old were rockin it. Iím sure we all slept real good last night. Thanks guys and gals. I saw some amazing rides and was thoroughly impressed, and thanks for letting me pick off my few epic rides. Summer time is over. Bring it on Trident!

Images
    Up to 4x overhead sets?! Sure about that one? Pics?

And sucks about your paddle out... mine couldn't of been easier!!

yep

I wouldn't believe it if someone told me that either. It started really picking up around 5pm. I've got no pics but I've been watching this page like a hawk in hopes someone will post some pics of what I've seen. Even with me sitting way on the outside, there were a few sets that creamed everyone, or got close to it. It's kinda scary to be paddling up such a tall face, but some dudes def rocked a few of the biggest ones. I don't believe I'm exaggerating. The one pic posted is pretty good. I'd say that was 2.5x overhead and proabably set up for the guy at 3x overhead down the line. Take my scale and apply it as you see fit. Either way, it was big and fun. I did see some easier paddle out beaches, but their surf was rolling in at a consistent waist with some chest/head.

What's the biggest you guys saw this weekend?

sorry, meant to put this link of the Kyle shots

http://www.swellinfo.com/gallery/fil...uring_kyle.jpg

Images
    4x overhead.....never happened...unless you are a 3 Ft dude...
    Last edited by Aguaholic; Sep 29, 2008 at 06:51 PM.

you mean "ft", not "x" right?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitiedred View Post
    I wouldn't believe it if someone told me that either. It started really picking up around 5pm. I've got no pics but I've been watching this page like a hawk in hopes someone will post some pics of what I've seen. Even with me sitting way on the outside, there were a few sets that creamed everyone, or got close to it. It's kinda scary to be paddling up such a tall face, but some dudes def rocked a few of the biggest ones. I don't believe I'm exaggerating. The one pic posted is pretty good. I'd say that was 2.5x overhead and proabably set up for the guy at 3x overhead down the line. Take my scale and apply it as you see fit. Either way, it was big and fun. I did see some easier paddle out beaches, but their surf was rolling in at a consistent waist with some chest/head.

What's the biggest you guys saw this weekend?
    I'm not questioning your knowledge or smarts about surfing, but do you realize how big 3x to 4x overhead really is? Agree with Aguaholic and gonna go on a limb and say never happened.

To go with my easy paddle out came solid head to overhead bombs... *See 9/28 photos in East Coast Section uploaded by OCSponger