LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

has anyone else noticed

over the years that i have been surfing i have taken notice that most short boarders have a horrible attitude whenever they are in the water. every time im out in a mix of people, longboarders are usually the ones with a smile on their face, not because they catch more waves, but in general they are just happier. they always seem to have conversations going and usually greeting others as they enter the water. i just think its strange.

true

but...not everyone surfs to be happy. surfing is something built out of pure selfish enjoyment. but someones enjoyement might shredding the lip off a clean face or punting an air or riding a nose. so mentally they prepare for that with the proper attitude needed. example; if I am surfing some big dumps, I am not going to be smiling and playing patty cake with my brother. im paddling for position and mentally preparring for my next wave that can and will eventually break my board or me. but i enjoy it that way. so surfing is all about the influence it has had on you. there is sport in surfing but mainly its performance and art. everyone should perform differently and independently otherwise we would all sing Barney's "I love you, you love me" song and that would be pretty weird. so when you are in the lineup and someone doesn't want to laugh and joke and chat with you, it might be because they are in the water for the sake of the water itself. dig it?

Images
    Just curious as to why there are 5 other threads regarding the same topic.

Images
    you just made it all super gay. thank you nick swardson

maybe shortboarders are pissed because of all the kooks around them all the time!!! ha

Does it really matter any more?

I am just tried of all these people, longboard or short, and foam as well, who were never even seen around until 3 to 5 years ago.

Surfing turned into an image thing for so many. I wish they would all just go somewhere else and float around together with happy faces.

shortboarding usually gets me angry cause ill catch a rail or the wave will just try to kill me. that pisses me off. 1 because i screwed up a great wave that i knew i could get, 2 because i might have chose the wrong wave.

longboarders seem more happy cause thats their style. laid back enjoying the ride. shortboarding is about pumping up ur speed, smacking lips and trying to get air. much more demanding.

ohh remember we were all kooks at one point. probably smarter kooks but kooks none the less

If i'm in the water, I'm happy and smiling. Shortboard, Longboard,Big or Small. Sam I am,I like green eggs and ham.

Barney?

Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    you just made it all super gay. thank you nick swardson
    who is nickswardson, and did you watch Barney as a kid?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OBlove View Post
    who is nickswardson, and did you watch Barney as a kid?
    nick swardson is the guy that usually plays a gay role in movies or shows..such as reno 911

http://z.about.com/d/movies/1/0/L/d/O/reno911miami8.jpg