...what if your one of those guys that has both Long and Short boards and always paddle out with a smile because you truly love surfing, the water, mother nature and the quality self time you get when you go surfing in the first place? Are you considered an oddball or a Barney show fan? I think not. I think that makes you a grounded, humble human being making the most out of your relationship with the wave, water and mother nature and to share that stoke (yeah, I hoot and hollar for anyone, shortboard or long, standing up and making the drop on a good wave)... sharing that stoke is what's really missed in the lineup. Anyone remember the late 80's when there was genuine stoke for the other few who did what you do (when not everyone surfed or skateboarded for that matter)

If I see some snotty nosed serious surfer out there trying like he's going for a poster spread, shoe endorsement or sponsorship, I joke on him and not with him. If he doesn't joke back... F' em if he can't take the joke. If they still get pissy, I will jockey for lineup position like it's the OP pro wave challenge and snake their ass every set till you move or get out of the water. If only they were stoked for me too...

who needs a sh!tty attitude in the water? Not me.