LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Images
    70 % of the time I use sun cure . I have had good results with it fixing rail dings and gashed in the top and bottom of boards. I have heard of guys using it to fix broken boards too but I never tired that

whats the difference, between sanding and laminating resin. when i have fixed dings ive always used laminating resin. I've never used a final coat of sanding resin.

My ding repairs have always held up well. Never Yellow or anything like that.

Whats the difference, not in material but in results, by using sanding resin as a final coat?

3. Quote Originally Posted by lax8810 View Post
    whats the difference, between sanding and laminating resin. when i have fixed dings ive always used laminating resin. I've never used a final coat of sanding resin.

My ding repairs have always held up well. Never Yellow or anything like that.

Whats the difference, not in material but in results, by using sanding resin as a final coat?
    Laminating resin doesn't have a wax agent so that way it can be sanded. I would never fix a ding with just laminating resin. How do you even sand the repairs? Laminating resin gums up the paper and does not have good result. You should laminate your cloth on then apply a sand coat over top.

maybe ive been using sanding resin the whole time and just never paid attention to it. ill have to check it out.