LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    And if its an epoxy board your gonna spend out of the ass getting the right resin

i fixed my poly board, it came out perfect....my epoxy board though is another story. I mixed the resin exactly like the instructions said and followed all the instructions to a T...but the resin would never dry, i left out in the for 2 hours in the sun after and it never dryed...
    my board is a al merrick tuflite flyer

Images
    I suppose it is possible that you have some bad epoxy, if it hasn't cured at all it is possible that the two parts that you mixed are in fact only one part; either the bottles were mis labled or you made a mistake. No question though, epoxy is a little tricky at times, I've had it do some strange things at times for me. You'll have to take it all out and start over. Get some new epoxy if you are sure you mixed it rite, and make sure you mix the amounts as per the instructions. Hopefully it just hardened very slow because of the cooler weather and humidity that we are experiencing now.

Images
    One more question, are you mixing "Q-cell" with it?

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by ripper4184 View Post
    i fixed my poly board, it came out perfect....my epoxy board though is another story. I mixed the resin exactly like the instructions said and followed all the instructions to a T...but the resin would never dry, i left out in the for 2 hours in the sun after and it never dryed...
    thats what i have the al merrick tuflite flyer 6;1" i love it.

Quote Originally Posted by ripper4184 View Post
    I mixed the resin exactly like the instructions said and followed all the instructions to a T...but the resin would never dry, i left out in the for 2 hours in the sun after and it never dryed...
    2 hours and "never" are completely different things for epoxy resin. Good surfboard quality epoxy resin usually isn't hard after 2 hours at room temp. A gooey taffylike texture after 2 hours wouldn't surprise me at all especially if you worked on a cool day. Heat will do more than sun to speed up the cure if the air is cool outside. Mix the resin/hardener in a warm place, do the repair over, and let it set up in a warm place.

Images
    how do you cut out the glass?

Quote Originally Posted by ledzepfreak View Post
    how do you cut out the glass?
    i use a dremel tool with a little cutting wheel attachment.n I can't imagine doing ding repairs without a $30 rotary tool and all of the cool attachments.

cut just deep enough to go through the glass and into the foam a bit, loosen the bad glass from the foam with an exacta knife blade and peel it up slowly trying to avoid pulling up divots of foam.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    thats why when i get dings in my boards i taka it to my friends dad who is awesome at fixing my dings. plus he does it all free for me since he's known me since i was a baby. also that my dad doesnt want all the left over crap sitting in our garage and ruining everything in it, thats why i take it to my friends.

Images
    The dremel tool is the way to go. With the different attachments, you can do everything from cutting out large pieces of fiberglass to sanding very small cracks. I only wish I could find stainless steel cutters so they would stop rusting when not in use. This probably won't be a problem if I didn't live right on the beach, the trade off is worth it though.