LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3/2 Winter

3/2 Winter

Has anyone ever tried only wearing a 3/2 in the winter? I dont want to buy a thicker.

Images
    I wore a 3/2 Xcel Inifinity last winter. I was pretty cold, but if you throw a top on under it, you'll be fine.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by surfde View Post
    Has anyone ever tried only wearing a 3/2 in the winter? I dont want to buy a thicker.
    i don't recommend rocking a 3/2 in the middle of winter. You are not going to last long when the water is in the low 40s. You are going to need 5mm gloves and boots as well as a hood for mid winter.

Images
    I had an Xcel 3/2. With 5mm gloves, boots and a 3 hood, I was fine for 1-2 hours. Its chilly... really chilly.

Have any of you tried waearing 2 3/2s

Images
    543 Hyperflex is nice. I didnt even feel the cold water. Also get the claw gloves there better then the other ones, your warmer and they dont smell as bad.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by surfde View Post
    Have any of you tried waearing 2 3/2s
    when i first started surfing, i remember, i wore a spring suit underneath a 3/2. terrible flexibility. I dont think a 3/2 over a 3/2 would even be possible to get on.

I have worn my O'Neill Psycho II 3/2 through December depending on how cold the water is. I will tell you that my upper body will get very cold, but the unbearable part is in the shins, where you have 2mm on a part of your body that has little fat on it. You will def need a thicker 4/3mm+ suit come Jan, if not well sooner.

i have done it for the last few years, wore a 3/2 with a 3mm hood and 5mm gloves and booties but it is down right cold. even with a 2.5mm rash under it your going to be cold. Underarmor works but not as well as a real winter suit.
    it really all depends on how cold you want to be

Images
    If the air is warm, and you don't take many spills you should be fine.