LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3/2 Winter

Until last year, I wore a 3/2 all winter every winter. I surfed ALL winter (Ing NC for 3 of the past 5 years) but was really really cold alot of days. Finally this past year I got a 4/3 and it has made all the difference and I think this year I'm going 5/4/3. I would definitely not recommend a 3/2 for the winter but if you've got nothing more and no funds to upgrade, it's doable.

this kid jerseysurfrat89 will go bareback this winter he is a frikin walrus hahaha

today was epic

Quote Originally Posted by surfde View Post
    Has anyone ever tried only wearing a 3/2 in the winter? I dont want to buy a thicker.
    I did this and trust me, it sucks. You'll get really cold, and your hips/legs will go numb, definately not worth it.

Layers just make it worse, and you feel real heavy and have no flexibility.

My advice is to hit all the shops till you get someone to cut you a deal. Thats what I did and came out with a sweet winter suit for 150$ cash, brand new. 350$ suit new. Usually someone will have a 4/3 or 5/4/3 that they want to get rid off, so just walk in and make them an offer. Good gear makes all the difference, bite the bullet and spend the money.

go for a 4/3 xcel infinitie or ripcurl fireskin, then where a thermal with hood attached, 7mm boots(must have) and 3mm psycho gloves, it lasted me through jerseys winters

Images
    i wear a 5/4/3 quicksilver ignite for the winter along with 5 mm boots and gloves and that keeps me warm. I couldnt imagine only wearing a 3/2 in the winter especially on cold february days with a hard wind

Images

whats the deal

with billabong wetsuits..theyre cheaper than ever(which is really good for me right now) but i dont know about the quality, durability and flexability..if anyone has one or has used or has a buddy with one please give me a little info on how they are...(ive surfed oniell my whole life and never tried anything else..the oniell is too small)

i have a billabong 3/2

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom2Surf View Post
    i have a billabong 3/2
    and u complain about how much it sucks everytime we go

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    i rocked a 5/3 with 3mm booties and gloves and it was definitely manageable. hands got cold after 2 hours or so but thats about it. id absolutely get a thicker suit than 3/2 for jersey winters