LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Costa Rica

Hybrid View

Costa Rica

i might go to costa rica at the end of december and this will kinda be my first surf trip. does anyone know if i should pay that bull **** money to ship my board or am i better off renting. im pretty sure im going to tamarindo. also, what is the drinking age there?

Costa Rica

what airlines are you flying? I'm actually leaving for CR this Saturday and researched shipping costs, it was very very expensive $1,000+....and since I'm flying Delta they charge $300 for international one way....I ended up giving my boards to a buddy meeting me down there who is flying US Air, they only charge $100...you can definitely buy a board and try to sell it back when you leave CR, I know in Jaco you can do that pretty easily, not sure about up north in Tamarindo...good luck....oh and the drinking age in Costa Rica is 18 (to drink & buy) but its not strictly enforced so you can easily buy if you're underage.. Pura Vida

Images

Going on Dec. 6

I am going to CR in December as well, my 5th trip. Tamarindo is ok but you will have to either walk 2 miles to Grande, or drive to the good surf spots. If it is your first trip to CR you will have fun in Tamarindo. You can rent boards in Tamarindo if you want, but you run the risk of not being able to find a board that you like. If you decide to bring your boards, protect them as much as you can. Every time I have gone down there my boards have gotten dinged by airline personnel. I wouldn't worry about the drinking age, it is not enforced down there. Good Luck!

Images

Wink

there's a drinking age in costa?

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    there's a drinking age in costa?
    lol yea... its the price printed on top of the bottle.
    Last edited by epidemicepic; Dec 19, 2008 at 08:39 PM.

went to Tamarindo in August.. there are plently of places to rent boards down there, i didnt take any boards and found the boards i liked. the renting prices are decent u can rent by the day or week. have fun man i had a blast and drink all the imperial beer u can bc its the best beer ever and i miss it pura vida

one morning walking to playa langosta from tamarindo for a dawn patrol sesh i saw a grasshopper the size of my forearm walking down the road with just one rear leg. on the walk back to tamarindo the thing got ran over by a car, looked like a small cat got ran over... nasty. random i know

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
    went to Tamarindo in August.. there are plently of places to rent boards down there, i didnt take any boards and found the boards i liked. the renting prices are decent u can rent by the day or week. have fun man i had a blast and drink all the imperial beer u can bc its the best beer ever and i miss it pura vida
    they sell imperial in the states ya know...

its decent.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NJKILLSYOU View Post
    they sell imperial in the states ya know...

its decent.
    HAHa.. I went for a month over last winter and this past summer I randomly saw Imperial in the liquor store and couldn't believe me eyes! I was so siked and of course had to get it!

Images
    Don't go to Tamarindo!!! I don't know how advanced at surfing you are..but if you're some what decent and know what you're doing, stay away from that place!!!

There are so many nicer places and better waves and less crowded breaks all over. Just start researching every place there and choose one other than Tamarindo.