LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Costa Rica

1. look at www.surfingnosara.com daily surf photos

Love CR

Yeahh i went there this past march very fun surf. Tam is a pretty crowded break. I went to Nosara and it was maybe a 5 min walk to Playa Guiones. If anyone knows the crab path i stayed close to there. Guiones is a fun break sometimes it can be all mash potatoes but low tide off shore winds some potential for some barrels. So if you have time check it there but have fun dont eat anything you cant pronounce and pura vida man.

P.S. Just tell them you have one board in your bag thats what we did we brought 7 in 2 different bags tho.

Im going to Jaco on the 30th

any advice....?????
    also......is weed legal in CR?

Uh oh, Jaco for New Years, you can get in to trouble there. No it is not legal. You can find anything you want there, but only alcohol and cigs are legal. But seriously, watch your back in Jaco, I would especially say for New Years. My humble opinion, do not get drunk or do anything else for at least 24 hrs so you can scope things out, if this is your first international trip. If you are under 18 you may have trouble getting in to the bars, Jaco is one of the only place in the country they card...

Edit: I assume by your name you are only 15, who you going with?

Quote Originally Posted by tommyh View Post
    Uh oh, Jaco for New Years, you can get in to trouble there. No it is not legal. You can find anything you want there, but only alcohol and cigs are legal. But seriously, watch your back in Jaco, I would especially say for New Years. My humble opinion, do not get drunk or do anything else for at least 24 hrs so you can scope things out, if this is your first international trip. If you are under 18 you may have trouble getting in to the bars, Jaco is one of the only place in the country they card...

Edit: I assume by your name you are only 15, who you going with?

damnit

im 17 and im goin with my family

Ya, I love Costa Rica but Jaco may very well be the last circle of Dante's inferno if you ask me, a veritable vortex of debauchery. Drugs, prostitutes, gambling and thieves. The only positive is that I nearly broke the board I rented there and when I returned it the rhasta was so high he didn't even notice the nose was about to fall off...

If you're gonna be in the Jaco area do yourself a favor and check out Hermosa(five minutes south), much chiller vibe and better surf and you might actually meet a woman who won't drug your drink and roll you or charge you for contracting a VD.

Quote Originally Posted by lostintubes View Post
    Yeahh i went there this past march very fun surf. Tam is a pretty crowded break. I went to Nosara and it was maybe a 5 min walk to Playa Guiones. If anyone knows the crab path i stayed close to there. Guiones is a fun break sometimes it can be all mash potatoes but low tide off shore winds some potential for some barrels. So if you have time check it there but have fun dont eat anything you cant pronounce and pura vida man.

P.S. Just tell them you have one board in your bag thats what we did we brought 7 in 2 different bags tho.

I miss Guiones! Went during rainy season this year and went to Playa Tamarindo instead, but it wasn't quite as fun or pretty.

Awesome, Kooka Rica! Is anyone not going this winter?

Images
    If your family is staying in San Jose for a night or two, be sure to stay at the Hotel Del Rey!