LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Mach 7 question

Mach 7 question

I just got a Morey Mach 7-7, and am kind of skeptical about putting a leash thru it. When you hold it to the sun you can see the grid (instead of stringers) and I'm afraid if I break that grid it will make it break down/ crease quicker.

Anybody know one way or the other? I wouldn't mind no leash, but if it's not going to shorten the life of the board I'd like to have one on it.

Thanks.

Images
    i personally hate losing my board, so I would plug it. The mesh stringers they put in there are really good for flex, but may not be the best for durability. Either way, I"m not sure plugging it is going to make a difference.

Images
    If you have a good grip don't plug it if not plug it. I didn't have one of my boards pluged for Hanna and it sucked for me if I didn't land an invert/b-roll/barrel on wave I would have to swim all the way in. But I prefer to not have a leash but in those winter days when they are breaking kind of outside its nice to have one.

Images
    it won't shorten the life of the board. go for it. I've had multiple boards w/ mesh and plugging it hasn't affected the durability.

I'm definately going to plug it. If it was spring I'd probably let it ride, but being that winters coming it's a different story. Nothing worse than losing your board in freezing temps.

We just need some waves so I can test this thing out!

Thanks alot for the info guys.