LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mve145 Guest

Hyperflex wetsuits

Has anyone tried the hyperflex 5/4 wetuit? If so how does is stack up against the major brands.

i've tried it once, then put it back.

Images
    i wore a hyperflex 2 winters ago, it holds up decently and is relatively warm. It is worth it since it is so cheep. it lasted me a little longer than one season, but i also took bad care of it. for the money i would say it is worth it

sf native Guest
    they are well worth the money. i have a 5/4 amp that is going strong, this will be the third winter. i do take care of it, which is always a good idea.
    it is warm, super flexy, and so worth the money it's stupid. plus, and this is big, hyperflex is jersey based comapny. support our boys.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sf native View Post
    they are well worth the money. i have a 5/4 amp that is going strong, this will be the third winter. i do take care of it, which is always a good idea.
    it is warm, super flexy, and so worth the money it's stupid. plus, and this is big, hyperflex is jersey based comapny. support our boys.
    suits are made in china though, for what its worth. I have a spring suit and it does kind of fit oddly...
    Last edited by oipaul; Oct 9, 2008 at 05:03 PM.

Images
    I have one but it isnt as good as some other wetsuits i used but i say if you want to save the money and it fits you good then go for it mine kept me pretty warm i just had problems with the flexibility

I have a 1mm hyperflex top and im not a big fan of it. It fits weird- tight in some sports but lose in others. Make sure you try it on. I just assumed I would be a large like all my other rash guards and im paying for it now.

KB4L tried one on in the shop once, got the runs in it and put it back on the shelf. KB4L has a hard time finding suits to fit his unique physique.

I had the AMP 3/2 and most if not all the seam tape fell off. They took care of it quick and sent me the AMP limited 3/2. The tape held strong but it is having problems with the glue around the chest panel and near the zipper. It has all turned a cruddy looking yellow and it flushes a lot of water. I have decided to replace it. I would save your money up for a better suit.

10. Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSpy View Post
    I have a 1mm hyperflex top and im not a big fan of it. It fits weird- tight in some sports but lose in others. Make sure you try it on. I just assumed I would be a large like all my other rash guards and im paying for it now.
    I agree...buy an Oneal Pyscho...they last forever, and that's the real value!