LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    to be clear are we talking old school cherokees that are really boxy or the new grand cherokee?
    I think that new Jeep SRT Hemi is kind of hot it... gets like 11 mpg tho. Not that much diffrent than the 911 GT3

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    to be clear are we talking old school cherokees that are really boxy or the new grand cherokee?

The boxy ones. Grand Cherokees are moms cars. Liberties are moms cars. Commanders are ***s cars. Patriots are worse than Commanders. Compass is a 2wd jeep? What the ****?

And Jeep also dropped the 4.0L engine a few years ago... now its a 3.7L V6 for better gas mileage, as well as less power.

That SRT8 also puts out about 60 more hp than a 911GT3. ... Seriously who needs a Jeep with 465hp and only a ground clearance of 4"...

noooooo dont dis the jeep cherokee mang. ive got 2, a 96, and 97 that are the ****. both cherokee country so they have all the bells and whistles plus the kickass 4.0 engine. never been stuck in sand, snow, whateva. get tons of use from them and never broken down on me either. weve got 6 jeeps just between my grandparents, parents and me. own one till the day i die, and ITS NOT A JEEP THANG!! i hate that ****ty ass sticker.

This is my ride: 04 gt, cobra r bumper, h&r springs, k&n Cai, Slp header back loudmouth exhaust system. No major mods to the motor as of yet, but I am going to get a programmer in the near future.

With the rear seats folded down I put two boards inside up to 8 feet long...just no passengers though.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tbing View Post

HAHA that blows dude, I spent $6500 for mine. But when I drop the next $10000 on mods, It'll smoke your stock STI cause you got no money to mod it Stock it runs a ~5.5 0-60. Max whp is about 165@6000 and max torque is about 175@2500 which is maintained throughout the range. Yay turbos!

With all the mods it'll be about 325-350whp and 280-315lb/ft torque and run a sub 4 0-60.
    What do you expect it to run in the quarter?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanScumNJ View Post
    would love to see pics i dont know what it is but i love the bodies on the old sr5's . Forget the new tacos there so ugly
    Yeah, I have to dig them up on my desktop and put them on my laptop. Stay tuned...

Quote Originally Posted by tbing View Post
    Cherokees are badass. The YJ, XJ and CJ are where its at. AKA Wrangler, Cherokee and CJs. Anything else sucks. Including the 4 door Wrangler. A Wrangler is only a Wrangler if its 2 dr and a 5spd.
    The old XJ Cherokees were f-ing awesome. So much you can do to them to make 'em badass offroad rigs. I have an 05 Unlimited Wrangler extended bed before they added the extra "Yuppie" doors. Gotta agree there's no way that an XJ (Cherokee) is more "YUPPIE" than a 4 door Wrangler. I see more soccer moms driving the new 4 door Wranglers now that they have enough doors to get the kids in. The new Cherokees are nice too, but in no way replace the old XJs. They were cheap and had everything you needed without the fluff. I love my TJ Unlimited. Perfect for carrying surfboards with the extra foot of length. Still a classic Jeep with the extra room like the Scramblers. It's a damn shame they killed the 2 door extended bed for the 4 door. There's no need for 4 doors on a Wrangler unless you're a yuppie soccer mom, but the extended bed is key... especially for surfboards.

Images
    69' CJ is bad ass.....

i have a 1998 ML 320 mercedes that used to be my dads. I can fit 3 boards and three people inside comfortably, but i have done 5 people inside two boards inside, and three boards on the roof. What sux with a car that big is the gas mileage. Im wasting all my money from my summer job on gas.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rgnsup View Post
    What do you expect it to run in the quarter?
    10-11s around considering its just a 4cyl car... can't really get much more than 150-160 tops out of it. These are just estimates. I might be completely off. But a car that light, with 325-350whp just moves. Oh and it handles amazing too...

I also forgot to mention that the ECU chip MUST be tuned with that. A larger turbo and BOV will cause the air metering system to be off, and also limit the amount of power that is put out.

On a side note, anyone seen those BMW 335Xi?

Stock puts out about 330whp, but by just tuning the ECU chip, the engine is capable of putting close to 500whp.
    Last edited by tbing; Oct 9, 2008 at 11:57 PM.