LOGIN | REGISTER

Hybrid View

another wetsuit question (pockets!)

its getting colder out and everyone seems to be thinking about wetsuits. Since I'm one to follow a crowd, I've got a question of my own that doesn't seemed to have been discussed:

What wetsuits have zipper pockets?

I'm looking for a wetsuit with a real zippered pocket, not a flap with a key loop. I'd like to enough room to carry with me two or three of those Clif energy gels to keep my blood sugar from going low without having to go in to the beach. Since wetsuits seem to not yet have gone the way of the snowboard pant, it is hard to find information on pockets from the manufacturer websites.

It is hard to find info on "pockets", because they dont exist.

not true...there are at least zippered pockets on the new Rip Curl F-Bomb and Body Glove Eco. A lot of times, they will just tell you it has a "key" pocket, but not whether or not it is a zippered pocket. My current Rip Curl has the key loop variety...

I have a ripcurl core 4/3 and a ss 2/2 both have zippered pockets on the left leg. I dont think you could put a couple of energy bars into it. I can stuff a half piece of sticky bumps wax in it.. but its hard to get the zipper to close. You could put a few of those liquid energy pouches maybe, but I have never had the guts to actually taste one of those things, it sounds nasty.

the new body glove vapor, and body glove eco have zipper pockets.

$350+

Quote Originally Posted by cap2nd View Post
    I have a ripcurl core 4/3 and a ss 2/2 both have zippered pockets on the left leg. I dont think you could put a couple of energy bars into it. I can stuff a half piece of sticky bumps wax in it.. but its hard to get the zipper to close. You could put a few of those liquid energy pouches maybe, but I have never had the guts to actually taste one of those things, it sounds nasty.
    Yeah...im talking about the liquid pouches, not the bars, so that would probably work. I seriously don't think they are too bad. It's amazing how much better they taste when you are surfing or otherwise being active than when you are sitting in front of a computer or tv.

and, yeah, its because I'm diabetic. But, if anyone knows of a wetsuit with enough pocket space to keep a big mac and some fries stashed, I'd be totally stoked. Maybe I could just pack a backpack full of yummy goodies and not even surf...just paddle out and have a picnic in the line-up.

Images
    if those pouches can take a beating you could put them in your sleeve or something

Quote Originally Posted by brek View Post
    its getting colder out and everyone seems to be thinking about wetsuits. Since I'm one to follow a crowd, I've got a question of my own that doesn't seemed to have been discussed:

What wetsuits have zipper pockets?

I'm looking for a wetsuit with a real zippered pocket, not a flap with a key loop. I'd like to enough room to carry with me two or three of those Clif energy gels to keep my blood sugar from going low without having to go in to the beach. Since wetsuits seem to not yet have gone the way of the snowboard pant, it is hard to find information on pockets from the manufacturer websites.
    you should just get out of the water and go to the beach or your car to get your snack instead of wasting your money on a wetsuit with pockets. Are you seriously that much of a fat a** that you have to be eating in the lineup? or do you have diabetes?
    Last edited by Xtreme*Liquidshredda; Oct 10, 2008 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme*Liquidshredda View Post
    you should just get out of the water and go to the beach or your car to get your snack instead of wasting your money on a wetsuit with pockets. Are you seriously that much of a fat a** that you have to be eating in the lineup? or do you have diabetes?
    obviously he wants this so his BLOOD SUGAR doesn't get low,

jackass