LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Midnight surf

there was a jetty too. the house got creamed by Gloria.

Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    aslo splash around alot so the sharks dont think your food.

dude splashing attracts sharks cause they think youre a weak fish in trouble

friggin sharks

Are there any stats on night attacks by sharks? I would guess the're rarer than day attacks but only because there are less people out at night. I know actual shark attacks are rare but man they freak me out.

Images
    Went out last night....from 6 - 7:30ish. After the sun was down the waves cleaned up nicely. The moon was amazing....... waves def picked up.... They were super clean waist - stomach. Just me and my GF out...... no one else to be seen at all. Ahhh....October.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    yeah especially with the full moon right now it is possible.

the oceans big secret is that its always clean at night. But damn u guys got some balls. I mean staying out a lil while after dark is no biggie. But paddling out at at night alone. That is sketchy. Ive almost done it once, but ended up just saying screw it. But dude, every time i go down on the beach at night and there is a lil waist high swell in the water, it just looks so good out there. Maybe its just a lil bit of imagination, but really it always looks waaayyyy better at night. So if any of you guys every get the urge you should go for it. I mean lets face it your not going to get attacked by a shark. I would find a good mid break though, somewhere its not breaking too far out. And i wouldn't stay out for longer than 20-30 min.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BonerSurfs View Post
    the oceans big secret is that its always clean at night. But damn u guys got some balls. I mean staying out a lil while after dark is no biggie. But paddling out at at night alone. That is sketchy. Ive almost done it once, but ended up just saying screw it. But dude, every time i go down on the beach at night and there is a lil waist high swell in the water, it just looks so good out there. Maybe its just a lil bit of imagination, but really it always looks waaayyyy better at night. So if any of you guys every get the urge you should go for it. I mean lets face it your not going to get attacked by a shark. I would find a good mid break though, somewhere its not breaking too far out. And i wouldn't stay out for longer than 20-30 min.
    Dude it can be sketchy at night.....The only reason my GF and I went out was because it was almost a full moon. And i could see somewhat. The reason the waves get better in the evening is no secret. It's simple....as the sun goes down the winds slow down allowing the swell to come through.

Images
    Just got out like a ½ hr ago. Looks good. solid waist - chest.....with an occasional shoulder and clean. Hopefully, DP will be awesome.
    Last edited by Aguaholic; Oct 17, 2008 at 12:33 AM.

Images
    I've always wanted to do that, but I think five-0 gives tickets for being in the water after sundown out in Long Island

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dbiz135 View Post
    I've always wanted to do that, but I think five-0 gives tickets for being in the water after sundown out in Long Island
    Bummers man.....Just find a place where road sharks usually don't go. There are plenty around here in NJ. It might be against the law here too....I have no idea. I think it's swim at your own risk tho. But, I could be wrong.