LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast
    Images
    Well, you can always use the auto-presets, which definitely are better than leaving it on auto all the time, but once you get the hang of it, use the custom white balance.

Quote Originally Posted by tbing View Post
    Well, you can always use the auto-presets, which definitely are better than leaving it on auto all the time, but once you get the hang of it, use the custom white balance.
    Do you shoot RAW? I never mess with stuff like white balance until after...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Joyner View Post
    Do you shoot RAW? I never mess with stuff like white balance until after...
    I shoot both RAW and jpg. Mostly jpgs now though, cause I hate booting into Windows. Shooting auto-white balance in jpg's make a big difference. In RAW not so much, but it's definitely noticeable. The colors are just that much clearer right out of the glass, which leaves me time to post-process them for further refinement.

Quote Originally Posted by JERSEYboarder View Post
    any critisism would be greatly appreciated
    Use your aperture to control the DOF (depth of field), and with flowers/macro you can also use the manual flash settings to further the control.

I started with a fully manual film camera, and when you have to set the aperture/shutter speed/exposure comp/etc, you learn what these things do, and you learn to use them to your advantage... so maybe you could set the camera to manual for a bit and see how these things relate to each other?

Images
    Recent trip to Acadia National Park

Comments/Criticism welcome and appreciated!

Images
    This isn't a great photo, but I've never seen bioluminesence this bright.

Comments/Criticism welcome and appreciated!

Images
    Really nice getting to see Acadia again. My last time there was on my honeymoon in 1973. Nothing quite like dawn patrol now is there? As always, nice imaging T!

bearpicnic.jpgtimthumb.php.jpg

great pictures of a great bear and hume

Blue Dasher Dragonfly

Long Exposure

tbing - nice landscapes of Acadia... great foregrounds... do yo use NDgrads? if you don't they help level the light and allow more detail when shooting into the sun. that bell shot is great too...