LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NJBB View Post
    I have a 4/3 and a 5/4/3, thinking its time for the 5/4/3?
    Are you a 90 year old woman?

Images
    I've got a 6:4 with hood I can loan ya if you think you might need it,............ah forget it, you'd probably pee in it.

you need the suit more for air temp when you sit out of the water then anything. water temp is mad warm

weighing in at a solid 142 pounds, yours truly totes a 5/4 in the winter and a 3/2 currently. You must have some solid-ness to you if you can manage a 4/3 year round...but i definitely would steer away from saying that delmarva isn't that cold, or that you can surf in a 4/3 year round!!! BS!! It gets pretty damn cold, unless that's you in the winter coat taking pics when its 17 degrees air temp in the morning while i'm getting shacked.

Water is still much warmer than I expected, with the north winds it should bring it down a bit.

As for the people doing a 4/3 all year long, you must have a good 4/3, In Jersey Late Dec, I could not make it very long in my 4/3. I guess maybe its time for a new one

Surifng year round in a 4/3 is possible, i used to do it when i was younger. Then i finally broke down and got a 5/4 one year, and havn't looked back since.

Lately ive found that wearing a little bit thicker suit than i used to keeps my energy levels up, allowing me to surf longer even though i also have to deal with decreased flexibility.

Images
    Originally Posted by NJBB
    I have a 4/3 and a 5/4/3, thinking its time for the 5/4/3?
    Quote Originally Posted by ToobSauce View Post
    Are you a 90 year old woman?
    definitely...5/4/3 is unreal at this point in time you need to grow a set or move to florida

i surf a 3/2 with 5ml hood & lobster claws and 3ml boots through the dead of winter...

right now still is trunks and a sleeveless vest

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by jettyhead View Post
    i surf a 3/2 with 5ml hood & lobster claws and 3ml boots through the dead of winter...

right now still is trunks and a sleeveless vest
    im gonna call BS on you. if you live up north than you would defiently need at least a 4/3 or up. but if you only surf until the wter gets to like 56 or there with no offshore wind then okay but after that you would be bsing all of us.

Spring suit should do