LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what happened to the weekend forecast

ouch ouch ouch ouch

Images
    i know.....................

cape may was looking good to....so was ocean city......magicseaweed went from 17ft on sunday to 5ft for capemay in one day....

Unhappy

yea same for Seaside looked good 7 ft down to 2???

seaweeds annoying they dont show swell and wind together which is annoying to figure out how nice it will actually be.. and im pretty sure swellinfo did not have 17ft predictions down to 5 it was off but not that bad

Swellinfo>Seaweed.

Works for me...I was going out of town anyway.

Images
    if you're smart you'll start working on your excuse for monday...

Images
    Just sit back and wait you know the predictions are gonna change day to day. Hopefully, we will have swell. I noticed the pickup in wave size last night. I may have to call out on Monday though
    Last edited by Aguaholic; Oct 16, 2008 at 01:35 PM.

How many times do i have to say it, magicseasweed is a fukin joke. I did a study last year and compared swellinfo, MS, surfline and a couple 'local' forecasts to the actual conditions they were calling. For example I took all the forecasters calls for weekends over a 3 month period and recorded them on a spreadsheet every Thursday. Then I recorded the ACTUAL conditions for those same dates. Swell Info was right 68% of the time followed by the local guys (surf shops) then surfline. Magicseaweed was only right 22% of the time, and to make matters worse, their margin of error was HUGE. Much of the time they would indicated big swell that was way outside the realm of possibility for our area, when the actual conditions were dead flat with howling offshores. I think their models must look way out to sea cause that would explain the size they forecast (with 40 kt west winds it probably IS super big 100 miles out!).