LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images

Thumbs down

F_ck......msw.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    How many times do i have to say it, magicseasweed is a fukin joke. I did a study last year and compared swellinfo, MS, surfline and a couple 'local' forecasts to the actual conditions they were calling. For example I took all the forecasters calls for weekends over a 3 month period and recorded them on a spreadsheet every Thursday. Then I recorded the ACTUAL conditions for those same dates. Swell Info was right 68% of the time followed by the local guys (surf shops) then surfline. Magicseaweed was only right 22% of the time, and to make matters worse, their margin of error was HUGE. Much of the time they would indicated big swell that was way outside the realm of possibility for our area, when the actual conditions were dead flat with howling offshores. I think their models must look way out to sea cause that would explain the size they forecast (with 40 kt west winds it probably IS super big 100 miles out!).
    That is awesome you did that. Did you post it up anywhere? I'm interested in seeing this..

CHEERS TO SWELLINFO!!!

I did it to shut up a buddy who was huge on surfer supply and down on SI. I'm currently working on a new one that adds a few more sites and when that is done, I'll post it here.

Images
    Sick... how long of a period will this one be over and how far into it are you?

i should have some decent data but Thanksgiving but this will only be for OCNJ.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatelongboarders View Post
    ouch ouch ouch ouch
    it went away because you touch yourself at night

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    i should have some decent data but Thanksgiving but this will only be for OCNJ.
    Works for me... I'm outta AC/LBI.

Looks like the forecasts are increasing every day that we get closer to the weekend. if the winds work out it could be fun.