LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Images

Exclamation Hold on to your hat!!!!

As you can see, the wind is a little strong this morning. I never thought global warming would have this much effect on the weather.

CURRENT WEATHER
    SKY: Overcast
    AIR TEMP: 55.0 F
    WIND: NE @ 306 kts
    OCEAN TEMP: 67.1 F [?]
    This Ocean Temperature is taken from derived Satellite and Buoy data. This temperature is a good indication for water temps several miles off the coast, and may vary from the temperature at your beach. Temperature Biases are strongest during cold water upwelling events where temperatures at your beach may be several degrees colder.

TIDES Click here for 5 day tide chart
    High Tide: 11:39 AM Low Tide: 5:09 AM
    Weather Station: KOXB Wind Station: DIRL
    Updated: Oct 19, 2008 7:07 AM ET

That's open to debate. There is actually more evidence to support Global COOLING than global warming. Fluctuations are guaranteed and the ice age and things like that prove that the earth can undergo major weather changes even without human interference. I'm not saying that it's definitely not real, just that nobody can actually prove it is not just part of a cycle. The earth goes through cycles on time scales that are way longer than our lifetime so who is to say that this isn't just another one of those cycles??? Still, cut back your pollution and waste. It has to be good for mother earth somehow.

Images
    If you noticed the wind speed indication this morning it stated that the wind was at 306kts. I was refering to that.

Gotcha

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieInOC View Post
    If you noticed the wind speed indication this morning it stated that the wind was at 306kts. I was refering to that.
    There must have been a typo with a decimal point missing, 306 knots equals 352.138511 mph which even in a category 5 hurricane is unheard of.

Im thinking it meant to say 30.6 knots.

For the first time I can honestly say that I really don't want either candidate to be president. In a country full of talented and intelligent people, our choices are limited to this.......I still haven't decided who is the lesser evil so I'm not sure who I'm voting for.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.

polotics

this is what i think of polotics. when voting write on the ballott saying they all suck and vote for blank (your name).

Quote Originally Posted by wavehunter View Post
    For the first time I can honestly say that I really don't want either candidate to be president. In a country full of talented and intelligent people, our choices are limited to this.......
    Interesting...exactly how i felt about Bush vs. Kerry 4 years ago. "Clown to the left of me, Joker on the right" to quote an old song.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wavehunter View Post
    That's open to debate. There is actually more evidence to support Global COOLING than global warming. Fluctuations are guaranteed and the ice age and things like that prove that the earth can undergo major weather changes even without human interference. I'm not saying that it's definitely not real, just that nobody can actually prove it is not just part of a cycle. The earth goes through cycles on time scales that are way longer than our lifetime so who is to say that this isn't just another one of those cycles??? Still, cut back your pollution and waste. It has to be good for mother earth somehow.
    And you're voting for Sarah Palin, right?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSurfer View Post
    And you're voting for Sarah Palin, right?
    I dont think anyone every really voted for a V.P, cause the only good their for is making fun of, besides this is a surf forum not CNN