LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Davy Jones' Locker
    Posts
    1,386
    Images
    64

    the wind is a love/hate relationship

    And right now I hate it.....I spent all day at work just to come home to ankle - knee with an occ. thigh???????WTF????? Where did all the swell go....Damn wind....

    Sorry I just needed to vent. And, I'm sure a few of you are feeling the same way I am right now.

    DAMN!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Aguaholic; Oct 21, 2008 at 11:12 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    5,377
    Images
    121
    might be more of an issue with it being dead low tide this evening. There was still plenty of swell out there today in Delmarva - low tide makes a big difference here.

  3. #3
    Chest to Shoulder high, overall it was pretty fun.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Davy Jones' Locker
    Posts
    1,386
    Images
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    might be more of an issue with it being dead low tide this evening. There was still plenty of swell out there today in Delmarva - low tide makes a big difference here.
    Dead low isn't until 8:30pm here......At 5pm it was mid going out...I'm sure it was playing a part.... But....the wind has been on it all day hard. Which is why I think the wind killed the swell. Opposed to the tide.
    Last edited by Aguaholic; Oct 21, 2008 at 11:31 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Davy Jones' Locker
    Posts
    1,386
    Images
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by chillisurfer View Post
    Chest to Shoulder high, overall it was pretty fun.
    Yeah...while I was at work....

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Central, NJ
    Posts
    1,082
    Images
    27
    I feel ya man.. I just surfed waist high junk.

  7. #7
    It was SOLID head high today at PLENTY of spots. I told my boss ahead of time i need time of for the swell. He had no problem with the notice. Another good use for this site

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Davy Jones' Locker
    Posts
    1,386
    Images
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bug Surfing View Post
    It was SOLID head high today at PLENTY of spots. I told my boss ahead of time i need time of for the swell. He had no problem with the notice. Another good use for this site
    Glad you got some...[during the day] Your also from Delmarva......I'm in NJ Monmouth County......At 5pm in wasn't even close to chest.
    Last edited by Aguaholic; Oct 22, 2008 at 01:59 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ocean City, MD
    Posts
    1,012
    Images
    954

    It dropped here too, but only a bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    Glad you got some...[during the day] Your also from Delmarva......I'm in NJ Monmouth County......At 5pm in wasn't even close to chest.

    This was from OCM this morning at about 10am, 2 hrs after low tide

    This was from 5pm this afternoon, at about mid-tide towards low.

    Pretty much jump and dump most of the day, but the wind was absolutely howling offshore in the late afternoon hours. It was all I could do to hold onto my board when I took it out of my car which was parked between two high rises. More to come in the days that follow.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Davy Jones' Locker
    Posts
    1,386
    Images
    64
    Yeah...It looked like that when i got up for work. Not when I got home though

    Nice shots BTW
    Last edited by Aguaholic; Oct 22, 2008 at 05:04 PM.