LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    i can't believe that you would admit that your scared of a wave bigger then the size of yourself standing up. Its only water brosiff. I say this in no way demeaning, but maybe you should be standing on the beach with myself ready to pounce on the next shorebreaker. Have you tried skimboarding? The thrill is still there and you don't have to be scared of what others think of you which i'm sorry seems to be an issue. ill show you the ropes my closet skimboard bretheran.
    Last edited by SandPiper; Oct 24, 2008 at 06:06 AM.

Images
    I saw some skimboarders on the beach yesterday while i was surfing. No way as fun as surfing. Not sure what the appeal is...looks second rate. I was even surprised that they brought some chicks with them...girls kept staring at the surfers probably wondering why they were with a bunch of tools!!

Images
    LOLLL... now now, to each is his own...

Senor shadow surfer. I can not speak for my fellow skimboarders that you witnessed due to the fact that i myself did not see what type of shredding they were capable of. I on the other hand am very capable of shredding the gnar to the fullest and actually plan to do so in about the next ten minutes. But i do not skimboard to get the ladies. I do it for the feeling. The glide. Now you yourself may attempt to "surf" because you feel cool in the eyes of a woman. That is just sad. Next time you are stumbling from your knees to feet on a surfboard know that the girls on the beach dont find that very attractive. You should just stay on your knees.
    Last edited by SandPiper; Oct 24, 2008 at 07:08 PM.

Torched...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by somesurfer4 View Post
    Torched...
    haha...

Images
    skim boarding is for people who cant swim

Quote Originally Posted by SandPiper View Post
    but maybe you should be standing on the beach with myself ready to pounce on the next shorebreaker. .
    I agree, stand on the beach next to this guy.

umm, FYI i can swim thank you very much. I pretty much won every swim team race when i was a little sprout at Lewes Yacht club. Then i would go skim out front at Lewes Beach. And i don't think that shops sell those web gloves for skimboarders so who really are the poor swimmers here?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    Surfsup,

The more north you go on that kind of swell the smaller it will get. The difference in size between Sandy Hook and Manasquan can be very different. You will have to just take a drive and see.
    Agreed. Sandy Hook is usually a couple of feet smaller than even Monmouth Beach/Long Branch.
    There's a SECRET SPOT in the Hook called The Cove. Check it out. Everyone's REALLY FRIENDLY there. You can have any wave you want. Really. Just DON'T TELL ANYONE!!!!