LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions...

Images
    Check out the video on the page from the link above. They purposly drop in on someone with the traditional shortboard to show you how FAST it is! :LOL
    Go with a 8' longboard or move onto a good size fish and work your way down
    Last edited by CleanandGreen; Oct 24, 2008 at 11:11 PM. Reason: advice

thanks... i'm thinking a 7'6" is good for me to start on...

go score a bic board a lot of shops sell last years rental board for cheap and those things can take a beating

Images
    if ur lookin for a 7'6", go with the NSP fun shape. seriously lol. i traditionally ride my 5'10" plusone and went out the other day on a 7'6" nsp for s***s and giggles and had a blast. never saw it coming haha. about as sturdy as a bic too, and in my opinion an all-around better board

when i first started out i had a fun board... and i got bored of it REALLY fast..

Quote Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
    when i first started out i had a fun board... and i got bored of it REALLY fast..
    Thats the only thing im worried about... My friends all said that i'll prob go through boards pretty quick as i work my way down to a short board... Only bc of my experience riding waves... I really don't want to buy 3 boards and keep spending more and more money...

Quote Originally Posted by KM1417 View Post
    I really don't want to buy 3 boards and keep spending more and more money...

Buy a USED funshape with some (repaired) dings for about $150 - $175 at just about any surf shop this time of year. Ride it until next summer, and when the water gets warm, sell it for $100 without even trying. Look at it as $75 / year board rental. Is that really too expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by South Bethany View Post
    Buy a USED funshape with some (repaired) dings for about $150 - $175 at just about any surf shop this time of year. Ride it until next summer, and when the water gets warm, sell it for $100 without even trying. Look at it as $75 / year board rental. Is that really too expensive?
    Actually i didnt even think about that... It wasn't so much the spending money as much as i didnt want to lose more and more money re-selling boards i grow out of quickly... But i'm going to check the local shops for some used fun shapes... Thanks!!!

get one of those boards. I swear on my life liquid shredders are the best.

Images
    If you can ride a wave on a skimboard then I would get a used quad fish.