LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Opinions...

yeah i agree. but you should just keep skimming.

Quote Originally Posted by SandPiper View Post
    yeah i agree. but you should just keep skimming.
    I'll always skim... I'm just looking to expand my boarding abilities.. I've pretty much boarded on every type of terrain and on every type of board--- just never picked up a surf board... Sounds kind of funny bc surfing is a major boarding sport lol... But i always enjoyed skimming so i didnt feel the need to paddle out, but now im older and im tired of watching my friends surf while im on the beach... Whats the difference betwen a quad fish and a fish-- if any? thanks guys

softops suck

DOnt get a soft top!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KM1417 View Post
    Whats the difference betwen a quad fish and a fish-- if any? thanks guys
    Fish is the shape & Quad is the fin setup

Images

no soft tops!!

I learned to surf on a 7-6 hybrid with no problems, something like that would def be good. Just stay away from the soft tops unless u have a little kid(real little) learning to surf.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    soft tops are stupid. they are trully only good for like s::ty shorebreak. but i learned on a 9' modern longboard and was riding the line on my first try. but thats also because i have been snowboarding almost my whole life.

Chances are if you are skimboarding and decent at it, you will catch on to surfing pretty quick. Everyone says to get a fun shape, but I never learned on one and by the time you learn you'll want to get rid of the fun shape because it will no longer be fun. By a board based on your style of riding or what you percieve it to be. I started on a 6'2" squash, 18 1/4" W, the board did not hold be up unless surf was minimal. By used.

Images
    if you want to eventually shred, try tricks etc. just start out on a thruster that might be a little longer than you would normally ride. So if you are 5'8" get a 6'3" or 6'4". then once you get good get like a 6'1" or 6'0".

Quote Originally Posted by KM1417 View Post
    Can someone shed some light on this for me... I've been skimboarding for a while and i'm just starting to be pulled into the surfing arena. Looking for a board that i can start on but not a longboard bc i have experience riding waves already on my Victoria SkimBoard... I stumbled on this odd looking board and need to hear from guys with experience what is its deal and what should i be looking for...

http://www.follysurfcam.com/surfing/...oftboards.html
    Are you ****ing retarded?

Quote Originally Posted by wallysurfr View Post
    if you want to eventually shred, try tricks etc. just start out on a thruster that might be a little longer than you would normally ride. So if you are 5'8" get a 6'3" or 6'4". then once you get good get like a 6'1" or 6'0".
    And you are even more retarded then him.