LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Cabo Help

Images

Question Cabo Help

Planning a trip to Cabo early January and looking for places to stay. Found a few hotels just west of Cabo San Lucas, so we are more open to more N/W swell during the winter time opposed to the summertime S swells.Also closer to the pacific side to find some waves?
    Does the area east of Cabo San Lucas(the well known breaks) pick up any southern hemi swells in the winter,like they do in the summer, where there are more hotel choices?
    Any info would help,Thanks.

The last spot to recieve a N-W swell is Monuments just east of San Lucas. If you are strickly there for surfing that time of year look to stay in Todos Santos (3 reliable spots within 5 minutes). Other wise about a 45 min drive up there.

Images
    I am going with the family so we are trying to stay around the tip. Wish i could get up to the cerritos area though,make it another trip.
    A hotel West of the marina (Pueblo Bonita) looks nice and open to some swell. Can you walk up the beach, or is there a road that goes up the coast towards todos santos that has some spots on the way?

I believe the only road that heads north out of San Lucas is 19 or 1 not sure. I have been there numerous times mostly summer but there is suppose to be a piont at migrino about 20 minutes north have never seen it work, If you are staying in San Lucas either hope for a south swell or make the drive up to cerritos, san pedro, or la pastor.