LOGIN | REGISTER

Hybrid View

ci proton vs. firewire flexfire

i was thinking about getting a new board and my 2 main options are the firewire flexfire or the new al merrick proton, does anyone have any reviews on either board?

while firewires are pretty sick and ive heard nothing but good things about them..

dane reynolds is the man. get the proton-

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    defiently get the al merricks cause i have 2 boards a 7'6" funboard shaper is some1 i dont even know. my second board is a 6'1" al merrick flyer epoxy squashtail and i LOVE it its the only board i ride on every day. the merricks are just fun boards to ride especially in small mushy stuff is when im doing good on the knee to waisty days coming off the high tide. so defiently get the proton.

Just things to consider...

The proton has a continuous rocker through out the entire length of the board.
    Also, I believe I read Dane rides off of his front foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Driftingalong View Post
    Just things to consider...

The proton has a continuous rocker through out the entire length of the board.
    Also, I believe I read Dane rides off of his front foot.
    very true! because of this the proton rides very differently from most of the other ci shortboards. Definatly not a bad thing, just know what you like in your equipment.

i have a 6'1" firewire for sale if you're interested...manasquan area....around 400$