LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    im probably gonna get a costum proton since channel islands is doing a deal were you order a custom proton and within 30 dyas it would be ready to ship and if its not ready within 30 days then you get it for free. i saw this in a surf magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    im probably gonna get a costum proton since channel islands is doing a deal were you order a custom proton and within 30 dyas it would be ready to ship and if its not ready within 30 days then you get it for free. i saw this in a surf magazine.
    read the small print on that one... you'd be lucky to get that board in 3 months.

i read it over and over and it even says it on their website.

i read it over and over and it even says it on their website.
    straight from cisurfboards.com

"How it Works :

What is “Fast Track?”

Fast Track is a custom board program where CI builds your custom board in 4 to 6 weeks. (in the contiguous 48 states)
    Right now our average Fast Track custom is built in 23 days and ships within 45 days"

i think the protons are slightly different than their fast-track boards. However you are right that even though they are gaurenteed to be "completed" within a month, shipping could easily take just as long, or longer.

Also if you go with fast-tracking, your options are very limited, only certain sizes, and no artwork or special glassing requests or any of that stuff you expect with a custom.
    Last edited by epidemicepic; Oct 30, 2008 at 01:48 AM.

There are about 10000 other shappers out there that shape boards just as damn good as a CI board. Maybe if you were a team rider and Al was actually doing your board it would be different. You can get a shape from Cole Similar in CA which shapes a KILLER High performance shortboard in 4-6 weeks max. Plus it would probably be $100 cheaper including shipping. You can also go with 1000 different East Coast shappers that would probably even be cheaper and turn around would be even less.

All I am saying is it is up to you but I still cant understand why people still get boards from the top 3 surfboard machine makers unless it is a last minute off the rack sort of thing...all you are paying an extra $100 - $200 for a label.

Don't get me wrong their boards are great but I rather save time and money and still get a top shelf board.

What JMD said...

dude i dont care what you think its just that ci not only works good for me but im able to get discounts from one of there dealers and so i get them also my friends dad tells me to get them who's been surfing probably longer than half of you have been alive and jsut recomends them to me.

dude i dont care that you dont care what I think dude.

I am just putting it out there. If my friends dad recommended something to me it must be legit . Just trying to help you out with saving some cash and supporting a local shapper. Do what the hell you want. You ride what works for you I was just trying to give you some insight that there are other things out there and CI/Lost/Rusty is not all there is.

GL with the board drone on dude.

Images
    dude i dont care what you think

you know that you posted on an internet forum, right? you're basically asking for everyone's opinion by doing so lol