LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Arrow Waves and Kooks!

Micah can get very scientific on these ideas. He rules and taught me a lot. But you kooks who say the east coast doesn't hold swell are on crack??? Where I was surfing friday/saturday was firing with perfection and many others spots were nitro. You kiddies who live in delmarva, I hate to break it you but this is the worst stretch of coast on the east coast for waves. For the surfers that come from this area that get so good is truley amazing, but the quality of waves can hinder their oppurtunities from ever being a great surfer. So mister ocmerrick, dont say the east coast stinks when its delivering all around you. Once you get old enough, travel a little south and north and you might just see there is a world out there that is closer then you can even imagine. And if you are old enough to travel, and if you are able to complain about your local break...MOVE! Dont cry about it. To tell you the truth, if you utilize your resources correctly, I bet you might just find out where to score some of the bigger swells. They are closer then you think and yes, these spots were firing sick friday and early saturday! Look around, you have it good and don't even realize it!

I don't know about everyone, but where I was at friday and sat in DE was goin off as well.
    True, we dont get consistantly good swells, but it doesn't ALWAYS suck.

Oblove i think thats funny cuz it seems like u have insecurities about your surfing so you call everyone else Kooks. I've been other places, i know what good swell and good conditions are and its not what Maryland does. When you put school and everything together you have to understand that you can't always travel up north or down south all of the time. Maybe i shouldn't have said the east coast sucks i think i should've clarified and said Ocean City, Maryland blows ass. I'm positive there are good waves up north and down south, i've surfed um it just all has to do with work, school, and money. Sorry for misunderstanding surf guru

Images
    I've surfed the majority of the east coast, and Delmarva is my favorite place to surf. Is this tainted by the fact that its my home? Probobally...

However, on a given swell, Delmarva doesn't always pick up the swell the best. But, when it does, I'm plenty content with being at home.

yeah man it is my home also. Just used to it getting your hopes up and then beating them down. Where are some sweet spots near OC, MD?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OcMerrik View Post
    yeah man it is my home also. Just used to it getting your hopes up and then beating them down.
    Haha, well, thats all a part of being an east coast surfer

Insecure...wow!

Wow, where are the spots? Every where is the spot. It's knowing which spot to go to when the swell has a direction that is given in your very "probable" forcasting. And I wasn't calling everyone else kooks, just you! My point was that you need to stay inschool and practice what comes out of your mouth. The East is what it is. It faces away from the jet stream flow and to get the swells that we do and score em is a very lucky thing. Stay in oc and have fun, or be miserable? I'll see you in the water for a surf

yeah, I've been up and down the east coast, and I personally love Ocean City... well I love the waves that is. The beauty of it is that we can get to south. Del so quick also, which I also love. It always confuses me a bit when people complain when we have waves, if they're ridable, I'm happy, that's my style, big, small, clean, blown out, whatever, if I can get to um, I will. In my opinion anyone who takes a swell for granite needs to check they're head, because things could be a lot worse, you could have never gotten turned on to the whole scene and have to live the monotonous, boring life that many people do. We're all incredibly lucky people to do what we do, ya know? Be grateful.

I am grateful. Just wish more people would be willing to go to different spots. Sucks to not have all the time in the world to surf. and Oblove? i dunno if your one of those jackass surfers but you definately come off as one. Just cuz i dont like the east coast means you have to defend it by making fun of people. I'm sure if it was you and me in the water you'd be sitting back wishing you hadn't said **** about my surfing

Images
    Sucks to not have all the time in the world to surf. and Oblove?
    This is the hardest thing about being an east coast surfer. The surf most definitely gets good, but you have to have the flexibility to be able to ditch everything when the infrequent days come.

For the working adult with a career, this can be quite a task! This is one of the underlying motivations in running my own business