LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tailpads

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.

tailpads

im getting a new tailpad for my al merrick epoxy cause the dakine mantis thats on it is a pos and its falling of when i followed the directions when putting it on but it seems like the glue didnt harden or something. so i was wondering if i should stay with the dakines or should i go get a different company. right now my 2 decisions are the komunity kelly slaters grom pad or a dakine. any info would be great.

the goods made by x trak

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    i had an x trak pad on my board but that was on it when i bought it and i didnt like it so i went and got the dakine since my friend says they're good but for me they arent.

I followed teh directions exactly, and I don't think I could rip mine off if I wanted to. Try superglue.

i use creatures and mine is still on. use alcohol and maybe some sandpaper to get all wax and what not off.

blackline and xtrak.

"Blackline" for sure

8. X trak..........

the key here is to clean all the sh!t off of your board before you put the traction on...
    get some acetone and clean the wax/old glue off really well, use a wax comb/wax pickle...
    once it is cleaned off well, spray the area that you plan to put the pad on with some WINDEX,

put the pad on one piece at a time, (center piece first, DUH.) apply a good bit of pressure to make sure there are no air bubbles,

once you've done that, use a hair dryer, or set the board in the sun for a bit, just to heat the glue a bit to get the glue to adhere a bit better, (don't get all trigger happy with the hair dryer, too much will make the fiberglass delam.,)

LET THE BOARD SET FOR AT LEAST 24 HOURS!!!

as far as brands go, BLACKLINE is all that i will use, super sick color-ways, and them b!tches stick like no other!.

if your traction pad ever comes up, do not REPEAT, DO NOT super glue it, it doesn't work well!
    if you go to office depot, they sell the M3 (same stuff that is on the traction pad) adhesive in a spray can, it's like 6 bucks....

hope this helps.

pro light................ or dakine