LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Images

Local Surfboard shapers

Who are the most experienced and "best" shortboard shapers in the Wilmington/Wrightsville area. One who can guide someone and help decide what kind of board to shape because I've never ordered a custom board and I wouldn't know exact dimensions, rocker, concaves, and what-not to get.

SOD surfboards

SODs are good for sure. Mike Paul at Hot Wax works wonders as well.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    65ive surfboards he did my nose repair on my merrick but he also shapes good boards i've heard good stuff about him and his boards.

Thumbs up

Go check out SOD and Wrightsville Glassing, Scooter Raynor is back in the shaping room!! Got a board from him this summer and cant be happier. Also check out Will Allison

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by slopman View Post
    Go check out SOD and Wrightsville Glassing, Scooter Raynor is back in the shaping room!! Got a board from him this summer and cant be happier. Also check out Will Allison
    i thought allison only does longboards but his logs are awesome i know someone with one and he loves it. but also dave yearwood he does fishes and is good at it. also dave yearwood his logs are also great.

Images
    How are the Pride surfboard shaped by Dave Endress?

Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    i thought allison only does longboards but his logs are awesome i know someone with one and he loves it. but also dave yearwood he does fishes and is good at it. also dave yearwood his logs are also great.
    Will might do some shortboard stuff, but yes he is mainly a hybrid/long/fun shaper. Heard nothing but good things about yearwood, seen some of his shapes over at Wrightsville glassing and they look pretty good. As far as performance shortboards, SOD and Raynor will steer you the right way!!

drive an hour south and get the best board on the east coast from Kelly Richards.

Perfection

I have a Proline (7'6" short board for a fat ass) from Mike Paul and a Perfection (9'0" originally shaped for Tony Sylvagni) from Kelly Richards and I can say that both are top notch boards. I'd recommend either.