LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Matuse Wetsuits

Hybrid View

Matuse Wetsuits

Looking to get a new 4/3 for the winter and was thinking about either a Matuse or Patagonia... Anybody got any reviews? I hear they're sopused to be super warm and comfy but I have heard some complaints about durability...

Thanks for the input,
    John

Images
    I cannot comment or review those..but why wouldn't you just go with a brand that is known for their wetsuits such as Xcel, West, Quiksilver etc.

I was thinking the same thing. There are tons of brands that are just as good but way less money.

Images
    I wouldn't........

If you want to spend a ton of $$$$$$ on a wetsuit get the new Rip Curl H-Bomb....it's supposed to have it all...not yet available til Nov. and price has not been confirmed???

Quote Originally Posted by Wavetucker View Post
    If you want to spend a ton of $$$$$$ on a wetsuit get the new Rip Curl H-Bomb....it's supposed to have it all...not yet available til Nov. and price has not been confirmed???
    I think the 4/3 of the H bomb is over a $1,000 thats what i was told.

Quote Originally Posted by rgnsup View Post
    I cannot comment or review those..but why wouldn't you just go with a brand that is known for their wetsuits such as Xcel, West, Quiksilver etc.
    I think Matuse pretty much only makes wetsuits. never tried one, what i've read is that they have mind blowing flexibililty, comfort, each is custom fit for each customer (you send them like 20 measurements, then they build the wetsuit) the trade off for such light materials is they lack durabililty and have to be taken care of meticulously. Out of my price range for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bills View Post
    Looking to get a new 4/3 for the winter and was thinking about either a Matuse or Patagonia... Anybody got any reviews? I hear they're sopused to be super warm and comfy but I have heard some complaints about durability...

Thanks for the input,
    John
    I have heard nothing but amazing things about the Matuse wetsuits. They are just really expensive. From reviews I have read and people I talked to I would go Matuse over Patagonia. Also I am not sure if Patagonia even makes a 4/3? A 4/3 Matuse is supposed to be like having a 5/4 but actually feels like you are in a 3/2....hard to explain on the net.