LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 193
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Green Room
    Posts
    903
    Images
    8
    Zansurf? Why is it a black and white thing?

  2. #122
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ocean City
    Posts
    200
    Images
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by wallysurfr View Post
    Zansurf? Why is it a black and white thing?
    Dude the entire Howard Stern radio piece was on Black people in Harlem voting for Obama because hes black. My examples followed suit with the corresponding demographic on the other side of the debate. Uneducated white people who supported McCain based solely on the fact of race. I would go as far to say that the Black people were far nicer in their opinions, at least trying to maintain some sort of policy base for their support, whereas McCain supporters openly cited their unfounded fears of race, religion, and name association for their basis of decision. You seem to appeal to these fears in your very first post with the mention of his middle name and religion of his biological parents. This is my only problem with the attacks from McCain and his supporters. You choose to scare people out of making an informed decision, and instead make a decision based on arbitrary biographical information. This type of disenfranchisement goes against the most basic of America's values, the freedom to choose.

  3. #123
    They both truly suck tatters.

    Ron Paul would have my vote but he is to much for the constatution so he would not fit in the sceem of things.

    I had a whole long winded speech wrote out but I deleted it. This whole thing really is not worth my time specially on a surfing forum. The whole two party system of Repub and Dem disgusts me and how far they have the country divided is even worse. No fret I am one of the drones and am still voting with the system so the evil I pick is Obama not because I want to but because who else is there?

  4. #124
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ocean City
    Posts
    200
    Images
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by JMD View Post
    They both truly suck tatters.

    Ron Paul would have my vote but he is to much for the constatution so he would not fit in the sceem of things.

    I had a whole long winded speech wrote out but I deleted it. This whole thing really is not worth my time specially on a surfing forum. The whole two party system of Repub and Dem disgusts me and how far they have the country divided is even worse. No fret I am one of the drones and am still voting with the system so the evil I pick is Obama not because I want to but because who else is there?
    Wow despite the use of the word tatters and your lack of writing skills i completely agree with this entirely. We definitely allow these two organizations run our country, and i know why. For one it prevents any real competition of ideas, allowing one side to merely discredit and stereotype the ideas of the other. The reason they do this is because it's easier to prove some one else is wrong then to come up with good policies that might actually fix things. In this system it's not necessary to be right, as long as you can prove that the other guy is wrong. I too, am a former Ron Paul fan that must choose a second, sub-par candidate.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Zansurf View Post
    Wow despite the use of the word tatters and your lack of writing skills i completely agree with this entirely. We definitely allow these two organizations run our country, and i know why. For one it prevents any real competition of ideas, allowing one side to merely discredit and stereotype the ideas of the other. The reason they do this is because it's easier to prove some one else is wrong then to come up with good policies that might actually fix things. In this system it's not necessary to be right, as long as you can prove that the other guy is wrong. I too, am a former Ron Paul fan that must choose a second, sub-par candidate.

    Hey! Back when, when I first started going to collage, my english/writing skills were marked above average on the entrances tests. I even got to skip the essay portions.

    Anyway, I kind of slack off and dumb down on message boards. Sorry. At least you got the gist of my crap.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Green Room
    Posts
    903
    Images
    8

    Confused

    Quote Originally Posted by Zansurf View Post
    I urge everyone who reads this thread to vote McCain! I will be voting for McCain first thing on Tuesday morning.
    Oh so you are voting McCain?

  7. #127
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ocean City
    Posts
    200
    Images
    20
    Wow, that is genius you can make it look like i said something i didn't that's awesome, yet you still have no intelligent rebuttal. I'll give you one more shot, to say something that makes sense. bama 08'

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Zansurf View Post
    I'll give you one more shot, to say something that makes sense. bama 08'
    You won't get it.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Zansurf View Post
    Your right about the first part, but the authoritarian governments of those countries do not follow with the true nature of a transformation into communism. The government would be formed by the lower class not by military, or single authoritarian rulers. Like i explained like six pages or so ago, communism comes about when the working class realizes it's control over capitalist markets, through it's role as the production of goods. When the working class rises to rebel against the powers of the bourgeoisie, the majority of the population will take control over the means of production along with the government institutions that backed the upper class. This creates a small strong centralized government of proletariat workers who evenly distribute the yields of production. Eventually the need for government becomes arbitrary and ownership of property is autonomous. This is the eventual form of government we would maintain until the end of time. Had this taken place in any former socialist countries, you would have seen a swift decrease in poverty, but instead you saw the socialist governments of eastern Europe collapse.

    I have not really went back and read most of the crap in this thread because it would probably just piss me off. I must say great post and you obviously know your history.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    incorrect. if a bill is vetoed by the president, it gets sent back to congress, who can overturn the veto with a two thirds vote:

    http://www.votesmart.org/resource_govt101_02.php
    Correct, but incompletely correct. There is also the case where a bill passed and sent to the president that becomes law in 10 days even if the president does not sign it (subject to the congress not adjourning within 10 days).