LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wallysurfr View Post
    why would the lower class rise up into the working class when they can sit home, make babies and collect their checks?

It's like this test I took once, I studied for days, the class was hard, this test was going to decide whether I graduated with above a 3.0 or below. Hours and hours. Finally, the day of the test came and I crushed it because I put the time in. The professor handed back the tests and said "not everyone did as well as I thought so, we are going to grade this one on a curve". He added fifteen points to everyone who scored below a 70, he added ten points to everyone who scored below an 80, he added five points to everone who scored below a 90 and nothing for the rest. I could have paddled out and still gotten the same grade that I did but I knew that I wanted to work for my grade and the outcome was not "fair" at all. The people who did nothing ended up getting the same or close to the same grade that I got!

Is this like Obama's plan for "spreading it around"? the answer is surprisingly NO! Instead of the "professor" just giving out 15 points to those who didn't want to work he will be TAKING those points from your score and giving them to the people who were lazy, you know, just levelling the "playing field" a little bit. Does that sound right to you guys? I hope the students out there can relate to this...
    That was simply a discussion on Marxist theory and had no application for American politics. I understand your complaint, but you need to go back and talk to FDR before he created much of the new deal, and stop worrying about Obama or McCain because neither one of them will undo those policies anyway. Even if Obama tries to expand the government and the welfare state, we always have the supreme court thats what it's there for. The welfare state was created when there was a need for it, and it's hard to overturn something that has 80 years of precedent.

Images
    no, it's called cut the pork!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wallysurfr View Post
    no, it's called cut the pork!
    I'm gonna revert back to my statement that it's hard to change something with so much precedent. The president has nothing to do with pork barrel spending.

[QUOTE=eastcoastgilson;21689]Definitely voting for McCain. Obama has very little experience, wants to pull out of Iraq soon,

Dude, are you seriously saying that wanting to end a 10 Billion dollar a month war that is sending soldiers back dead or with limbs blown off in a country that hates us and a war that was made up in the first place is a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Zansurf View Post
    I'm gonna revert back to my statement that it's hard to change something with so much precedent. The president has nothing to do with pork barrel spending.
    Under our system, a bill cannot become a law until the president signs it correct?

Images
    People are upperclass because they went out and became that way. They didn't party thier way through high school and flunk out of college. Liberals are quick to want everything to be fair. Guess what, life isn't fair GET OVER IT. Grow up, you sound like a 4 year old. Remember, we are given life liberty and the PURSUIT of happiness, we aren't garunteed happiness. We are garunteed that we are able to go out and get whatever we want. Nothing in this world is free, and you IGNORANT liberals asking for a handout all the time and wanting things to be fair sounds like a 13 year old girl. Just because you work a **** job, and are lazy doesn't mean that people should have to give you money because you can't get out of your own way. On one hand, people ***** about government spending, then they want the government to give them free everything, healthcare, schooling, food, daycare, the next thing you know, you idiots are going to be asking for a damn car. Grow up.

To the rational people out there, who aren't total MEATBALLS, sorry for my rant.

Images
    [QUOTE=jbird;21697]
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastgilson View Post
    Definitely voting for McCain. Obama has very little experience, wants to pull out of Iraq soon,

Dude, are you seriously saying that wanting to end a 10 Billion dollar a month war that is sending soldiers back dead or with limbs blown off in a country that hates us and a war that was made up in the first place is a bad thing?
    You don't get it. If we pull out now, we will have to go right back over there in another 10 years. Remember desert storm? There is a reason we are back in iraq.

Images
    spot on Db2k5

if only this guy would run for president I think we would all be in better shape...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-5F_7DwPpo

he wouldn't take crap from anyone...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    Under our system, a bill cannot become a law until the president signs it correct?
    incorrect. if a bill is vetoed by the president, it gets sent back to congress, who can overturn the veto with a two thirds vote:

http://www.votesmart.org/resource_govt101_02.php

Very true Micah but my point was that the President (by nature of signing spending bills) DOES have an impact on pork barrel spending.