LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    WERE, in the context of past tense, is spelled W-E-R-E, not W-H-E-R-E (as in "Where is your head?")........wow. You might consider proof reading your posts before you start playing grammar nazi and calling other people fools.

And Obama isn't a muslim. If you want to argue the issues, great!!! But when you start making baseless assertions about Obama being a Muslim, the Antichrist, or any of that other bull****, you really limit the effectiveness of your argument.[/QUOTE]

Baseless? Obama's father was/is 100% Muslim! So how is claiming President Obama to be Muslim, whether he's half or not, in any way baseless? Its clearly a reasonable "base" to make the claim.
    Furthermore, that "where" shi*t was an obvious typo, the correction I made earlier had to do with weak being spelled "week". I'd argue those are quite different.

You wrote that I was making "baseless assertions"? The definition of assertion is something positively stated, which my statement obviously wasn't. Poor word choice, you should be my College English Comp 2 professor.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by iripharderthanyou View Post
    Baseless? Obama's father was/is 100% Muslim! So how is claiming President Obama to be Muslim, whether he's half or not, in any way baseless? Its clearly a reasonable "base" to make the claim.
    So if my dad was a Jew, but he left my Protestant mom when I was 2 and she raised me as a Lutheran, then I'm Jewish?

If all of my memories of my father were second hand because he left long ago and has been dead for over 25 years, then I am somehow still a believer in his religion based on bloodline?

Has religion somehow infiltrated genetics? Neither of my parents were surfers, but I somehow ended up a staunch believer in this "Aquatic Nature Religion." Was it recessive?

The last time I checked you got to choose your own religion. You don't catch a religion from your parents. Plus, how many people (or surfers) do you know that have rejected the religion they were raised to believe in? Nevermind the fact that Obama wasn't even raised Muslim, but even if he was...

Calling Obama a Muslim because his estranged father was is just W-E-A-K.

If you want to fault him for something why not check into his Columbia University and Harvard credentials?

Images
    "Baseless? Obama's father was/is 100% Muslim! So how is claiming President Obama to be Muslim, whether he's half or not, in any way baseless? Its clearly a reasonable "base" to make the claim."

No, it clearly is not. Obama was raised by a white woman in a white family. You know it, I know it. And for the record, Christianity, Islam, Judaism.....those are all religions, not races or nationalities. You cannot be "half Christian / half Muslim". They are seperate ideologies and they are at odds with each other. So to try to say that maybe he is "half muslim" is a pretty desperate way to try to salvage your argument. And at the very least it's a cheap fear tactic.

"Furthermore, that "where" shi*t was an obvious typo, the correction I made earlier had to do with weak being spelled "week". I'd argue those are quite different."

Of course you would. You look foolish for correcting someone else's spelling (and being really arrogant about it), while simultaneously making your own spelling errors in the same post. Deep down I think you know that.

"You wrote that I was making "baseless assertions"? The definition of assertion is something positively stated, which my statement obviously wasn't. Poor word choice, you should be my College English Comp 2 professor."

Poor word choice? Yeah, right.

How about we look at the *complete* definition of "assertion", you know, this time we'll actually include the part you omitted:

1. a positive statement or declaration, often without support or reason: a mere assertion; an unwarranted assertion.

In your previous statement you did, in fact, "declare" that Obama was a Muslim (and if you'd like, we can split hairs by defining "declare"), and in my eyes it was pretty baseless. So I stand by my word choice.

Anything else?
    Last edited by pjc5150; Nov 6, 2008 at 05:50 PM.

Images

Red face

ok kook, you win=now you can do a little dance as you ride the wave of self-satisfaction, probably the only one you ride well.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by iripharderthanyou View Post
    ok kook, you win=now you can do a little dance as you ride the wave of self-satisfaction, probably the only one you ride well.

Someone needs a hug!

Have a nice weekend.