LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sore/cramps

sore/cramps

does anyone else get cramps while they're surfing? I usually get them on my hamstrings after a while (2-3) hours nonstop water time. Also, when the waters a little chilly and i'm not wearing a wetsuit or the waters cold and i'm only wearing a spring suit, my arms get sore really fast. I'm very active (I swim 2-4 miles a day nov.-march) so I don't know whats causing these.

Dehydration is usually the cause in most cases.

I get them occasionly, drink some gatorade or eat something healthy before you go out.

Images

Hydration

. . . and of course Potassium, so eat Bananas and other high potassium foods.

Yeah, I have gotten them in my calves after a couple of hours out in cold water. Especially if there are lulls. Gotta try to stay warm and loose. Like the previous people have said - force yourself to take a break and hydrate! I stretch before, during and after as well. Maybe some windmills for your arms to keep the blood in them.
    Last edited by mtd; Oct 30, 2008 at 12:05 PM.

stretching before and after should help that alot

if it's cold and i haven't taken a wave for a while, my legs get very tight. i feel like they're cold and don't have enough blood flowing. don't have a loose flow like i will earlier in a session.

I think my girlfriend gets cramps. I'll ask her what she does for them and i'll get back to you. Don't you go swimming those miles its not November yet.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpiper View Post
    i think my girlfriend gets cramps. I'll ask her what she does for them and i'll get back to you. Don't you go swimming those miles its not november yet.
    hahahahahh! Zing!

Cranberry juice.