LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    Yea booties are a necessity for me already. I've been rocking an old school Body Glove 3/2 with stitched seams now, and I'll be ready for an upgrade shortly.

Probably a good 5/4 or 6/5/4 with some flat-locked seams sound pretty toasty right about now.

BURRRRRR.......

in Va beach today i was wearing a 3/2 with booties and i was pretty warm

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by ECsponger View Post
    Yea booties are a necessity for me already. I've been rocking an old school Body Glove 3/2 with stitched seams now, and I'll be ready for an upgrade shortly.

Probably a good 5/4 or 6/5/4 with some flat-locked seams sound pretty toasty right about now.

BURRRRRR.......
    are you that cold already?

Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    are you that cold already?
    Not in maryland anyway. decent 3/2 without booties was fine last weekend.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by South Bethany View Post
    Not in maryland anyway. decent 3/2 without booties was fine last weekend.
    yeah thats been working for me

hood...

surfed sunday with a 4mil hood and 3/2 boots. no gloves. water was 53. today water is back to 59. so no hood today but boots for sure. i tend to go to hood b4 gloves being that your head looses more heat then anywhere. 3/2 is fine right now as long as it is liqud-seem-sealed. i think 5 mil is coming out faster this year for sure. quick cold start to winter!

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by OBlove View Post
    surfed sunday with a 4mil hood and 3/2 boots. no gloves. water was 53. today water is back to 59. so no hood today but boots for sure. i tend to go to hood b4 gloves being that your head looses more heat then anywhere. 3/2 is fine right now as long as it is liqud-seem-sealed. i think 5 mil is coming out faster this year for sure. quick cold start to winter!
    dang i never wear a hoodie during the middle of winter. i do wear booties and gloves during the winter but my friend once dared me last year to go out without gloves and booties for just like 20 min i made it but my fingers and toes were freezing so i went in my beach house and hopped in the bathtub with nice hot water and this happened during the middle of winter. it sucked. but i got 20 bucks out of it.

just got out of the *choppy* water in OCMD. Still just the 3/2 without any booties or hoods or other rubber on the appendages. my guess is OB is right about the sealed seams.water felt around 60. air the same.

Images
    Yesterday was it for me without booties. It seems like the water has drop in temp from last weekend. 3:2 is still fine, unless the wind is really howling. The thought of boots and gloves just makes me want to go some place warm.............
    Last edited by CharlieInOC; Nov 4, 2008 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    dang i never wear a hoodie during the middle of winter. i do wear booties and gloves during the winter but my friend once dared me last year to go out without gloves and booties for just like 20 min i made it but my fingers and toes were freezing so i went in my beach house and hopped in the bathtub with nice hot water and this happened during the middle of winter. it sucked. but i got 20 bucks out of it.
    I thought if you have frostbite the last possible thing you would want to do is put your hands in burning hot water? I don't know that's what I heard.