LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camera

Images
    Not that the lens are compatible, but like you said, there might be problems. Or how some lens won't autofocus on some bodies. AKA like the D60, unless you have an AF-S or AF-I lens, (lenses with autofocus on the lens) they won't autofocus on the body. You can still manually focus them.

Images
    great topic hey i'm lookin for a camera strictly for surf photography mostly not necessarily in the water but from the beach on the coast and i've been researching the new nikon d90 it goes for about a grand new...looks like a good buy as it records movies in hd and is loaded with gnarly specs, however some of yall are a lot more knowledgeable than i am what do you think?

Images
    Get a used Nikon D2H. Can find one between $500-$1000. Get the Nikkor 70-300mmVR f/4.5-5.6D. Can find a used one prolly for like $350. That combo will get you in the person's face at 8fps. Only downside is the D2H is only 4.1mp, but that'll still print a crystal clear 12x15 or so image. And Nikon quality images.

The D90, about its video, I've heard that its kinda sloppy, as most video will be on a DSLR. If you want to do video, get a video recorder, don't get a DSLR. From what I've heard about the video, if you move it too fast, it'll give you a wobbly effect and kind of lag behind.

As for the images, it is based off the same sensor as the D300. So the stills will be amazing.

Edit: Don't forget, it goes for a grand new, but you still gotta buy a lens, two good cheaper lenses for surfing are the 55-200mmVR and 70-300mmVR. $200 and $550 new respectively.
    Last edited by tbing; Nov 5, 2008 at 11:48 PM.