LOGIN | REGISTER

Hybrid View

Images

SE swell @ Tom's Cove

Does anyone think that Tom's Cove might be breaking with the south thats in this swell combined with the strong north wind?
    Does anyone know how much of a storm surge is needed to close the offroad zone that goes down to the point? I am wondering if there is a 3 mile hike or is the beach passable with a swell this big?

Images
    I always wondered how that spot was too. Go check it out if u can. And take pics.^

I've always been intrigued by Tom's Cove. The setup makes it look like it would work. Looks like Delmarva's own little version of Frisco. However, I don't know anyone who's actually surfed it. I do know someone who went down to check it out on a swell that should have worked there in theory but it was no good. I've also heard that it's hard to access because the beach is protected for birds or something. Anybody here actually ridden the wave there?

This guy i work with claims he' surfed it. He seems to know a lot about the spot (where to park, how to get there, tides, winds) He was talking about how he went down with his buddy on a strong noreaster and it was seriously workin. Sounds like a nice little adventure. The swells gotta be big, i know that at least.

Images
    this would be a good swell to give it a look -> se swell and ne winds. its a journey tho.

Images
    HOw long would it take to get there? Also is there roads to it or not?

It is accessible via a four wheel drive vehicle and the beach is open this time of year. It was the first day of it being closed when we tried to venture down there back in March to surf a strong south swell. You can get sick washovers from the ocean to the bayside on high and incoming tide so be careful.... Other than that, take pics for the rest of us!