LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by saxaxe View Post
    Like...dead low? Cuz SwellInfo said dead low is usually the worst.
    Sorry for soundin like a noob, but between work, school, and gas money, I haven't been able to see exactly how different tides impact waves.
    i doubt Mr. swellinfo meant that as applying to every single spot. It def. doesn't apply to Ass. or northside IRI wher low tides pretty much rules.

Images
    I'd say low incoming tide would be the optimal tides for Assateague, but I don't ever go over there.

Ok sweet. Thanks for the help guys!

Dead low isn't necessarily bad, but like everyone said, it completely depends on conditions. The thing about dead low or dead high is that the tide is basically at a standstill, because it's switching direction. If you show up to the beach at dead low you can get the tide push for a couple hours as the tide comes in, helpin to give the waves a little extra energy....that's usually my favorite time to go out during a swell if I have the free time.

At most of my fav spots on Delmarva I like a very low incoming.

Images
    I know this isn't in Mid-east but in Wrightsville Beach, NC, low tide is always better (it may begin closing out sometimes) than high tide. Especially during the incoming push. When high tide comes around and the waves become noticeably mushier and sometimes won't break at all depending on the size that day.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by ledzepfreak View Post
    I know this isn't in Mid-east but in Wrightsville Beach, NC, low tide is always better (it may begin closing out sometimes) than high tide. Especially during the incoming push. When high tide comes around and the waves become noticeably mushier and sometimes won't break at all depending on the size that day.
    yeah at low tide coming in its always better in wb you get way better lines. but at high tide it does get mushy.

given the ocean bottom stayed the same ALWAYS, a few hours after dead low, on the incoming tide would be prime... but that isn't the case, is it???

lots of driving, checking different spots...

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    heres what you do you jsut drive around to different spots and find a good high tide spot and then find a good low tide spot and keep it all a secret thats what ive done and trust me it works.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    heres what you do you jsut drive around to different spots and find a good high tide spot and then find a good low tide spot and keep it all a secret thats what ive done and trust me it works.
    Wow, You can't really keep anything a secret at Wrightsville...