LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    There is not really good surfing at most schools on the east coast. It's very hit or miss. You need to go to california. Pepperdine Univ.

Images
    UC Santa Barbara The South end of campus sits on a nice little point break, and your only 15 to 20 mins away from Rincon. Major in criminal justice and get yourself out of trouble when you get caught sneaking around the ranch.

I would have to agree with the guy who said UNCW. I went to East Carolina University and I spent more weekends than I can count down in Wilmington just to surf. Prolly would have been cheaper just to go to school there. I have some pics from Wrightsville Beach that I swear don't look like they were taken in North America b/c of how clear the water is and how perfect the surf is. When it gets good down there, it gets really good. On the downside, it takes a pretty particular swell direction to work and like alot of other EC breaks, the outer banks blocks alot of the swell. Take the advice of the others, get to Cali if you can!!!

isn't uncw hard to get in? i have a 3.0gpa. do i even have a chance?

Images
    dude you totally stole my thread on this subject!

Images
    UNCW is good, UC Santa Barbara has its own surfing beach, UC Channel Islands is a 15-20 min. ride to some great Ventura county breaks, Also Florida Atlantic is right on the beach, East Carolina University is close to some good spots too

Quote Originally Posted by xgen70 View Post
    great, just what we need,...more from Salisbury University getting in the way.
    i go to salisbury and surf good but im from oc so i would have to agree there are a bunch of em that just get in the way and cause problems

Yeah, UNCW would be hard to get into with a 3.0 unless you did it as a transfer student. The requirements are much lower when you transfer for some reason.

Salisbury U

I go to salisbury and love it. Yea there are a few people here who have no idea what they are doing in the water. but i would say that there is a core group of about 20 guys and can hold their own and know what they are doing in the water.

I'll vouch for UNCW bc i currently go there... it's the ****...girls, warm water, decent waves, the outerbanks is close, and oh yeah the girls... I dont know about your gpa though, its gotten tough. I got in with a 3.8 and 1200 on a 1600 scale sat. I know a lot of cool kids from s. jersey and delaware too, good luck.