LOGIN | REGISTER

Hybrid View

XCEL fullsuits ?

Hey all, time to pony up for a new 5/4/3 hooded full. I'm 6'1" 190, leaning toward the XCEL, and heard they fit a bit bigger. I wear a LT in Oneill, but heard to go with the L in XCEL for some reason...Anyone know if this is true or not?
    Last edited by AThreeHourTour; Nov 11, 2008 at 04:20 PM.

Why not try on and find out for sure? either way, my experience is Xcels are great suits and run a bit big...i can comfortably wear a medium in xcel but can go large in some other brands.

Yeah, just try one on because you will get mixed reviews from different people. I've got a 4/3 xcel infiniti that I absolutely love and I'm 6'2 180 lbs and it's a LT and it is super tight but fits, but an XL was waaay too big.

Hard to try one on when the nearest shop with suits is 3 hours away. Just a bunch of trendy "surf" shops (pacsun and hollister crap) out here in NoVA and I doubt they even carry rubber and I wouldn't give them any of my money anyway...

Images
    I wouldn't get an xcel......4/3 or higher. I have a few xcel suits 2mm, 3/2, and a 4/3. The 2mm and 3/2 are great. Anything above a 3/2 i would stay away from. I have a 4/3 that I only wore 3 times that I am looking to get rid of. The suit is warm and all that but it is heavy and thick. I hate it.....Looking to get rid of it for a body glove Vapor 5/4/3 which believe it or not is lighter than the 4/3 xcel. So that is my experience with xcel....

I would recommend a body glove "Vapor" or a rip curl F-bomb....for the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    I wouldn't get an xcel......4/3 or higher. I have a few xcel suits 2mm, 3/2, and a 4/3. The 2mm and 3/2 are great. Anything above a 3/2 i would stay away from. I have a 4/3 that I only wore 3 times that I am looking to get rid of. The suit is warm and all that but it is heavy and thick. I hate it.....Looking to get rid of it for a body glove Vapor 5/4/3 which believe it or not is lighter than the 4/3 xcel. So that is my experience with xcel....
    Just goes to show that different people like different things. I have an xcel 6/5/4 and love it. I think they're the best overall deal in winter suits. 5/4/3 would be the one to buy if you're only surfing in the mid-atlantic region, of course.

In terms of how they fit, mine is a size medium and fits just a tad larger than my other medium suits. It's still smaller than a size large would be, however.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by old_boy View Post
    Just goes to show that different people like different things. I have an xcel 6/5/4 and love it. I think they're the best overall deal in winter suits. 5/4/3 would be the one to buy if you're only surfing in the mid-atlantic region, of course.

In terms of how they fit, mine is a size medium and fits just a tad larger than my other medium suits. It's still smaller than a size large would be, however.
    i literally just got the 5/4/3 Drylock today...so far i love it...once i tried it on i knew it was the one...im really excited to get in the water with it..im 5 11 and 160lbs and i got a large...it fits perfect for me