LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: making boards

i get my blanks from pauhannasurfsupply.com great shipping prices

pauhanasurfsupply.com misspelled it

just tried out this board this morning, first board that i've made. its not 100% percent done but its the last day of waves for awhile. used home depot insulation foam. made a ton of mistakes along the way, but it was fun. rides a heck of a lot better than i anticipated as well.
    Last edited by jay cagney; Aug 4, 2009 at 03:48 AM.

Nice job on your first board. Did you make the fins as well? Pretty good foil man!

Here's a step by step tutorial on how to shape surfboards in this month's Issue of MAKE Magazine

Online:
    http://makezine.com/19/diyoutdoors_epoxyboard/
    Email for full step-by-step PDF article. (too big to attach here)

thanks, yeah i made the fins out of oak. woodworking is one thing that i do know how to do, unlike the rest of surfboard construction.

glassing

Why is it when I glass a board ,steps. Form in the resin. I've tried different measures of catalyst in differnt temps but can't figure it out.

no offense to greenlight you guys seem cool but pauhana ships for twenty bucks all you gotta do is pick it up at a fastenal co store and you can find the locations online. for ocean city md guys, selbyville is close theres also a pick up center in salisbury 20 per blank is about as low shipping as you can get
    ________
    Vaporizer
    Last edited by JDallam; Jan 19, 2011 at 07:01 AM.