LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

thanksgiving week

Can anybody possibly tell yet if there are going to be any waves for thanksgiving week? I know it's pretty far off still, but I'm just trying to figure out if its going to be worth bringing my board and rubber on a chinatown bus from DC back to LI.

thanksgiving

i was wondering the same thing, i'm going from rhode island to nj.

Images
    the best you can do at this point is look at the 10day GFS model, which will show you pressure patterns out to the Wednesday before thanksgiving.

GFS model, Unisys Weather

Also, you can check out the Swellinfo wave maps that go out to 180 hours, but that only gets you to the Monday before Thanksgiving at this point.

speeking from a purely experienced pt. uv view, there'z almost ALWAYZ sumthin' 2 ride eether pre/on/or post T-day. thee oddz r usually pretty high, in my history. but then again, this IZ thee east coast, so i woodn't bet too highly on it.

How much time will an Oneill Hammer 3/2 (definitely not the best of 3/2s out there) and 5mm boots,gloves, and hood buy me in the water? I'm just looking to try and get an hour or so if there's decent surf. Is this goal too lofty?

Images
    If your just looking for an hour, I'd say your fine, but pretty soon you'll definitely be pushing it with the 3/2.

i'd splurge 4 thu nu 6/5/4mm...this looks 2 b a very cold winter so far, u'll b nice and toasteey thru the seesun and they're not 2 priceey. u're just askin' 4 thu pain with that 3/2. i hope u atleest have a hood!

i'd say going by this l8est 4cast that history basically reepeets itself!? +/- a day within T-day. i'd say if i cood bet on there beein' surf near T-day, i'd b a millionaire.

i hope so... btw do you really talk like that.. annoying to read the posts

lookin' like building swell over next few dayz, with possible cleenup Wed and THursday. WEd lookin' like nice leftover southerly swell 8sec, with building ESE long period **** l8r on in thu day. windz lill' sketchy, but hopefully will b dooable. T-day (thursday) cood b thEE day, with possible long period solid **** and lite westerleeyz. still early 2 tell, but lookin' like very large Low way in thee atlantic will send this swell, (see 96hr radiofax)...
    http://www.opc.ncep.noaa.gov/shtml/pwam99.gif

Swellinfo wuz way ahead uv thu game on this one, like usual! nice job admin!