LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i am going to be in bermuda during thanksgiving.

hope theres a ripple or two there during this whole stint

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha racer 686 View Post
    i am going to be in bermuda during thanksgiving.

hope theres a ripple or two there during this whole stint
    bermuda will see quite a bit of swell, especially the E swell at the end of the week. I couldnt tell you anything about where to surf there tho... I believe its mostly outer reefs there..

sweet cant wait to try and get some swell finally and the water shouldnt be much lower then 65. i guess ill just ride around the island looking for waves and sumwhere to get a board. if i have to ill rent a boat to get to a swell

remember last thanksgiving eve, head &half to double on the cape, overhead on turkey day, & head plus on black friday... deja vu!!!! i would do whatever i could to surf, if it meant hijacking the chinatown bus... thankfully i only have to travel half a mile.......

Images
    sweet cant wait to try and get some swell finally and the water shouldnt be much lower then 65. i guess ill just ride around the island looking for waves and sumwhere to get a board. if i have to ill rent a boat to get to a swell
    i did a little searching around about breaks on bermuda and didn't find much. Found some sick photos, but nothing with regards to finding surf. If I recall correctly, there are outer reefs that surround a lot of the island and protect the island from the surf making it in. I think the south shore may be different.

Let us know how it goes... I'm interested.

Bermuda surf breaks

3 surf breaks in Bermuda on http://www.wannasurf.com/spot/Centra...uda/index.html

The only other place I know to get info on Bermuda surf breaks is surfmaps.com...and you have pay $8 for the report. Good wavehunting on your trip.
    Last edited by DJFresh; Nov 24, 2008 at 10:42 PM.

yeah we will see how it goes. im going to pick up the map. i could spend 8 dollars worse ways.

PumpinBra Guest

Thumbs up Waves on the way so you can get wet over Thanksgiving

It seems that once again we'll have waves for Thanksgiving. Let's just hope the only 'stuffing' is on your dinner table! It should actually be a pretty wave filled week with (2) two good swell makers on the way.

The first swell comes compliments of warm air advection and an area of low pressure moving up the spine of the Appalachains. The low should intensify pretty well and produce head high surf on the backside of fairly vigorous South Winds. Look for the clean-up to come tomorrow aft with fun head high surf and a general SW Wind.

Okay, swell maker #2 really starts to build in late Thanksgiving and into the weekend. This system is much more dynamic and has better upper air support. Although the wheels of motion start late this week on this swell, it's really not unitl Saturday until we start to see the rideability really take shape.

Just a couple of notes: although these two swells are the highlight, it appears that we have a couple 'sneaker' swells or pulses cropping up for Wednesday(leftovers early...but lingering into Thursday?). So, at this point it looks like the only unrideable day will be Friday.....

Get on it boys, if you find some mysto spots protected from the winds it could be super glassy with some fun offshore barrels.

Charge it!

Quote Originally Posted by PumpinBra View Post
    It seems that once again we'll have waves for Thanksgiving. Let's just hope the only 'stuffing' is on your dinner table! It should actually be a pretty wave filled week with (2) two good swell makers on the way.

The first swell comes compliments of warm air advection and an area of low pressure moving up the spine of the Appalachains. The low should intensify pretty well and produce head high surf on the backside of fairly vigorous South Winds. Look for the clean-up to come tomorrow aft with fun head high surf and a general SW Wind.

Okay, swell maker #2 really starts to build in late Thanksgiving and into the weekend. This system is much more dynamic and has better upper air support. Although the wheels of motion start late this week on this swell, it's really not unitl Saturday until we start to see the rideability really take shape.

Just a couple of notes: although these two swells are the highlight, it appears that we have a couple 'sneaker' swells or pulses cropping up for Wednesday(leftovers early...but lingering into Thursday?). So, at this point it looks like the only unrideable day will be Friday.....

Get on it boys, if you find some mysto spots protected from the winds it could be super glassy with some fun offshore barrels.

Charge it!

if this isn't duke.. gotta give credit to HIM for this forcast... its off of HIS site

so i am in bermuda at the moment. looks like horseshoe bay was knee high but shore break. a bigger swell would get it to break out farther. so friday and before i leave saturday ill check it out. there was a picture in surfing magazine in the out takes that showed a bodyboarder in bermuda. waves looked clean.

as swellinfo said all the waves get broken apart by a barrier of rocks/reefs out about 1/4 mile from shore. horseshoe bay just happens to not get rocks in the way