LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Coil Surfboards

Images
    I hear Gary's brother Gerry Lopez is a half decent surfer as well. If you like the Gerry Lopez he has on the rack, you should check out his personal Lopez guns... for when he used to go to HI. He'll even sell you one of those too.

Quote Originally Posted by Exit98Surf View Post
    I hear Gary's brother Gerry Lopez is a half decent surfer as well. If you like the Gerry Lopez he has on the rack, you should check out his personal Lopez guns... for when he used to go to HI. He'll even sell you one of those too.

Gary is better no matter what you say . I saw 2 of those guns. Sexy boards.

absolutley not worth it 100% in my opionion. one of the worst $450 i have ever spent. WRV's mike daniel with coil industries makes these boards.talked to the master glasser for WRV and he said these boards suck. it's pretty much a plastic board, with white gauze in it to keep it white. great flex for the first couple weeks you have it.then they snap in half literally..STICK WITH THE POLYS BRA!

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by va2obx View Post
    absolutley not worth it 100% in my opionion. one of the worst $450 i have ever spent. WRV's mike daniel with coil industries makes these boards.talked to the master glasser for WRV and he said these boards suck. it's pretty much a plastic board, with white gauze in it to keep it white. great flex for the first couple weeks you have it.then they snap in half literally..STICK WITH THE POLYS BRA!
    Not even sure why I am replying to this but obviously you are a troll.

Coils are not WRV shapes and WRV don't even offer the material anymore. To long of a story to explain, nor do I care to explain it to you. Maybe you should look into obtaining information from a more accurate source. Your "master glasser" is wrong. Have you even tried or own one of the boards?

Mike Daniel and his brother live in Florida WRV is located in NC...explain to me how that works. I mean that would be a lot of cash shipping boards back and forth prior to going off to the surf shops.

All I have to say is no one listen to the troll.

Frankly I could care less about your guys little pissing match but I'm bored out of my mind in my home office so let me try to set you both straight...

WRV most certainly does offer Coils -- at least they did up until a month ago. I called them directly bout Coils as I was considering one before my bro started shaping again. And they still advertise them on the WRV site:

http://www.waveridingvehicles.com/boards.html

They did make is clear to me that they take longer to get than a PU or Epoxy.

And yes, you are correct -- WRV is in Kitty Hawk, NC. However, Mike Daniel does shape for them regardless of where he's from or lives. Many, many shapers have worked their magic under the WRV label over the years.

Call me a troll if you like but it seems to me, at least on the surface, that both of you are blowing $hit from your pie holes... Stick to what you know...

Quote Originally Posted by JMD View Post
    Not even sure why I am replying to this but obviously you are a troll.

Coils are not WRV shapes and WRV don't even offer the material anymore. To long of a story to explain, nor do I care to explain it to you. Maybe you should look into obtaining information from a more accurate source. Your "master glasser" is wrong. Have you even tried or own one of the boards?

Mike Daniel and his brother live in Florida WRV is located in NC...explain to me how that works. I mean that would be a lot of cash shipping boards back and forth prior to going off to the surf shops.

All I have to say is no one listen to the troll.
    mike daniel doesn't shape for WRV? along with jesse fernandez he shapes probably 90% of WRV's boards. and yes he does coils for WRV...and they suck but thats just my opionion.

$25 off a Mike Daniel custom Coil through No Flat Earth

Coupon:
    http://www.localswell.com/NoFlatEarth.html

Thumbs up

Update:

Just got back from my trip. Step-Up coil went insane. I am ordering a everyday NJ slosh summer board this weekend (coil).

I seem to love these plastic cotton covered (for that white look), none hand shapped, wrv popouts.

lshines Guest

OK, how do I order a custom Coil?

How/who where do I order a Coil - a custom shape preferably - or do they have a web site with their wares?

Quote Originally Posted by lshines View Post
    How/who where do I order a Coil - a custom shape preferably - or do they have a web site with their wares?

Best person to talk to about it is Mike Daniel. I know Kirk (one of the Brasington twins) who created the epoxy mixture shapes the boards also. Kirk used to shape with Matt Kechele so he knows his stuff also. I personally go through Mike D. His e-mail is:

mike@coilsurf.com

Mike really knows his stuff and gives crap loads of feedback. GL.