LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Coil Surfboards

Are you sure they're popouts? I just picked one up in late January and I love it. 6-0 thumb tail. It absolutely blast thru beach break barrels, and unloads off the top. Plus the added bonus and pearling straight into the sand on an air drop into knee deep water....and the board doesn't even have a scratch on it.

Your barrel count will definetely sky rocket when you don't have to hesitate and think about a -1 to your quiver when trying to sneak out of the next potential closeout. Coil's will not disappoint.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by SkegLegs View Post
    Are you sure they're popouts? I just picked one up in late January and I love it. 6-0 thumb tail. It absolutely blast thru beach break barrels, and unloads off the top. Plus the added bonus and pearling straight into the sand on an air drop into knee deep water....and the board doesn't even have a scratch on it.

Your barrel count will definetely sky rocket when you don't have to hesitate and think about a -1 to your quiver when trying to sneak out of the next potential closeout. Coil's will not disappoint.
    Hahah,

I was just busting stones man. Hell no they are not pop outs. At least I know mine are custom shapped...

And here i thought they just painted them white, and had MD slap a signature on em.

Images
    whats going on guys i actually work at nfe and you guys are right the coils are insane. Mark and I actually just ordered our's yesterday and im soo stoked. If you guys are in the area stop on by the shop and come take a look at them. We currently have a 6'0, 6'2 and a used 6'2 the new boards are 649 and the used is even chaper. Thats an insane deal for a board thats considered better than a firewire. The other good thing about coil is that unlike a firewire you can custom order one so you can get everything exactly how you want! any questions feel free to stop in or call the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by JerzMan View Post
    I own a custom epoxy from todd proctor (like an everyday board), and it is absolutely amazing, but really expensive (i think it came to over 800 with the shipping). I obviously can't afford another one so i'm lookin around for a good wave board that i can afford right now.
    I was actually looking to get a custom epoxy from Todd Proctor, but I'm looking at $880 with shipping. I saw the article in ESM about Coil surfboards, then ran across them in a surf shop yesterday. They are in the $500-$600 range. What are your recommendations? Save up the money for a Todd Proctor, or go with an equally(?) good board from Coil. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. By the way, I live near Melbourne, FL.

Coils >>>>> epoxy.

I'm really happy with the proctor, and i saw a coil at BNW, and man i thought my board was light. the coil's like a feather. never ridden one though, so idk.

Coils in stock

Give Brave New World a call - they have a 5'10" ($615), 6'0" ($635) and a 6'2" ($635) WRV Coil in stock, not sure at which store though. Also a huge number of Firewires available, too!
    Last edited by surfdog; Jun 3, 2009 at 08:21 PM.

i heard coils bend like cardboard because of the lack of a stringer. go to a store that sells used coil boards, everyone has this wrinkle like look in the middle similar to what cardboard looks like when pressure is applied to it.

Quote Originally Posted by VAhasNOwaves View Post
    i heard coils bend like cardboard because of the lack of a stringer. go to a store that sells used coil boards, everyone has this wrinkle like look in the middle similar to what cardboard looks like when pressure is applied to it.
    They are still stronger than any normal board. If that was a normal board you were looking at it would be in two.

I have taken my coil step-up into some nasty waves in another country. Waves that, you would make less than you would want and my board came back fine...