LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Coil Surfboards

are you serious?????

[QUOTE=VA LONGBOARD;22993]try an NSP epoxy[/QUOTE
    Coil boards are far better. NPS are for people that should stay on the beach. Coils are better in every way. Durable and SEXY. Simply sick! Well worth 700 delivered to your door.

coils are the best

Quote Originally Posted by rDJ View Post
    I own a Coil. You can order them shaped by Mike Daniel through No Flat Earth in Brick. They ride absolutely sick. The flex is incredible off the bottom turn, they are light, durable, and stay bright white. I smacked mine into my door on the way outta the house the other day and nothing. Not a mark. I really thought there would be a ding. No foot dents yet on mine, although I have seen very very slight ones on older Coils. They are super durable and ride more like poly than any of the other new tech boards, but at the same time have much better flex. Firewires feel like dead flex to me, Coil's feel more alive. I can't recommend them enough. Do it! You will have a sick board that will last a long time. Very good investment. Plus your money is going to east coast shapers and glassers (Yup in Florida). You will get a hand shaped board built with love by other east coast surfers. Do it, now.
    Simply the best in every way!!!!!!!

I have multiple friends here in California that are converting their whole quivers to Coil. I too am doing this. If you get a group together to share shipping costs they are still cheaper than an OTR big brand and way cheaper than Proxy which is the closest thing to a Coil

Besides the durability, the longitudinal flex that you get from them is amazing. It really is hard to go back to a traditionally constructed surfboard after riding a Coil because traditional boards just feel dead

I've only had my first one since the beginning of Fall so I can't report on long term livelyness but everything I've read points to the fact that they keep their life for years.

where are lbcrew and nj42 on this noticeably silent?

Lovin my Coil. Killin it. Finally have had some really choice waves to open her up on and 0% disappointment. Bought it as a step up and got exactly what I wanted. 6'8" x 19.75" x 2.5" Qualifier for 6'2" x 190 (195 if I've been hittin the Double-Doubles stead of the weights). By far one of the best boards I have ever owned. Sucks in waist high mush, but OH and up whoo-boy, buckle up. Fast is a major understatement. Light as a feather too. Taking the walk down to Lowers or Black's is easy, breezy with this thing under your arm. Still hasn't picked up even a heel dent. Awesome travel board.

Oh yeah, thing flexes like a Russian gymnast too.
    Last edited by zaGaffer; Nov 22, 2012 at 07:32 AM.

Images
    I got a Coil before we took our last trip. Overall the board was alright. A couple of the guys have commented on the "flex" of the boards, which is definitely noticeable. I personally liked my PU boards slightly better simply because i was used to the traditional feel and flex of those boards. However, the coils have several things going for them. I will continue to use mine for waves waist high to head high. I am riding the 5 8 hybrid/fish with deep single concave and squash tail.

Durability:
    These boards are by far the strongest construction type i have tried. I have one of the Lib Tech Demo boards and i have dinged that thing more than my coil. Other than a slight pressure ding under my front foot there is not a single scratch or ding anywhere on this board and this is coming from someone who is very hard on their boards.

Weight:
    Generally very durable boards are very heavy and bulky. Not the Coils, they are very light weight and springy in solid waves.

Looks/Shape:
    I have had my coil for almost 9 months now and have taken it on several surf trips and the thing is still bright white! I cant believe it! The carbon fiber rails and bright white deck are pretty cool and different looking than the faded/yellow PU boards. The Coil guys have their shapes dialed in and they basically have every modern shortboard/hybrid/fish shape you can think of. The deck, on my board at least, is slightly domed, which fits nicely under the arch of your front foot.

The only bad thing i can really say about the board is in waves under chest-sholder high the board just seems.... bogged down. I cant perfectly describe the feeling but there is a different, slower feeling under your feet compared to a similar PU board when the waves lack some power.

Overall i woud buy the board again. Very durable, light weight and springy in good waves.

Here is a link to an album from our trip over the summer and you can see for yourself how the board performs in solid waves.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...2512432&type=3

Hello friends i need for this cool sorfboard actually i like to play water games and i am also rinding on Kayak but now i want to have a little ride on surfboard but i have no this surfboard i know about the quality of this surfboard that it is plain from the bottum and some bow on the top and last...

how to surf ski
    Last edited by Alexis111; Nov 29, 2012 at 08:15 AM.

Looks like i'm going to be putting my deposit down pretty soon get started on a new board. Haven't nailed down the shape yet, but so far Mike is suggesting the Flashback Fish in the 6'4" range. Anybody have experience with this shape? I found some pics of it, it looks pretty sweet. Not sure if this is exactly what i'm getting, just getting ideas. Flashback Fish 1.jpgFlashback Fish 2.jpgFlashback Fish 3.jpgFlashback Fish 4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Looks like i'm going to be putting my deposit down pretty soon get started on a new board. Haven't nailed down the shape yet, but so far Mike is suggesting the Flashback Fish in the 6'4" range. Anybody have experience with this shape? I found some pics of it, it looks pretty sweet. Not sure if this is exactly what i'm getting, just getting ideas. Flashback Fish 1.jpgFlashback Fish 2.jpgFlashback Fish 3.jpgFlashback Fish 4.jpg
    Watch out man, those things are more addictive than tobaccco. I want me another, which I'm sure will just lead to me wanting another. That's how I got up to a 2 pack a day Coil habit.

How wide are you thinking for that fishy?

Börk, börk, börk! Here fishy, fishy fish.
    ~ The Swedish Chef

dp that board is sick! Buy it! I have a 6'4 fish that looks eerily similar to that and it has seen some barrels! No experience with COIL though, mine is wrv.