LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Anyone have any ideas on carrying a bodyboard on bicycle?

Racks, DIY solutions, etc. Thanks.

solution

um your arm. unless you are mentally challenged

Anyone have any ideas on carrying a bodyboard on bicycle?

Quote Originally Posted by machots View Post
    um your arm. unless you are mentally challenged
    I must be. Because riding a bike a few miles in jersey shore traffic with a board under my arm doesn't seem like it's gonna work for me...

Get a back with backpack straps. You can put a wetsuit, wax, and fins in the front pocket too. You're champ for riding to the beach. It's getting cold man.

are you kidding me bro? You cant bike with a bodyboard under your arm. I used to bike surfboard in arm, weaving through people on the crowded VB boardwalk on a daily basis. Your just gonna have to man up on this one, its not like your gonna ding your bodyboard or anything if you drop it either.

Anyone have any ideas on carrying a bodyboard on bicycle?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Data View Post
    Get a back with backpack straps. You can put a wetsuit, wax, and fins in the front pocket too. You're champ for riding to the beach. It's getting cold man.
    Thanks man. Yeah it is getting pretty cold out there, but I'm trying to go green and reduce my carbon footprint whenever possible. Plus my lard ass can use the extra exercise...

Images
    fins on the handlebars and bodyboard under the arm. This is the primary source of transportion on the North Shore.

This bike shop (www.fenwickbikes.com) sells a cool rack(www.carversurfracks.com) that was designed on the north shore,they have free shipping and no sales tax.

Images
    I just found about this company surfsling, that sells slings to carry your boards when you are riding a bike or skateboard.

check it out:
    http://www.surfsling.com

This option may work for you - made with PVC piping and not as cute as the commercial versions, but inexpensive and effective. A buddy of mine developed this for his treks to/from Trestles.
    http://www.rodndtube.com/surf/info/s...oardRack.shtml

P.S. Be sure to click away on the Ads by Google to send a few pennies my way